Frizzle -- rooster or hen?

hxchris

Chirping
May 25, 2013
My kids are getting really worried that their favorite, sweetest, gentlest, 13-14 week old chick, Ms. Frizzle, might actually be Mr. Frizzle. But we've never had a Frizzle before, and I'm having a hard time finding clear direction online of what to look for (I know Frizzles can be harder to tell), but we're hoping to have someone help us decide once and for all, or to know if there's any hope? :)

frizzle.jpg

I have a six month old bantam frizzle cochin that I just don’t know if it’s a rooster or hen. I know, I know, by now if it were a hen surely there would be eggs. He/She has been slow developing and just now has most of its feathers. The other hens and rooster pick on it a lot. Today it walked by a hen that was laying in the dust bath and started stomping and scratching its feet.
C20B2947-8469-49BE-9989-3CC10B858FCF.jpeg
78C94E4C-6718-4D6E-B636-22013B015D37.jpeg

I have a six month old bantam frizzle cochin that I just don’t know if it’s a rooster or hen. I know, I know, by now if it were a hen surely there would be eggs. He/She has been slow developing and just now has most of its feathers. The other hens and rooster pick on it a lot. Today it walked by a hen that was laying in the dust bath and started stomping and scratching its feet. View attachment 1578149View attachment 1578150
That's a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom