Frizzle Sexing has me stumped......

Jbirdsong

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 27, 2013
Arkansas

I have the sweetest little gray frizzle I purchased recently and have no idea how to tell its sex.....I have looked on other forums, but I cannot figure out what to do because I have not had it since birth. Can anyone tell me what they think this may be?

Rooster, as well as few behind him. At that age boys combs will be pink, girls will remain an orange yellow until sexual maturity at about 5-6 months.

Quote: I've had poorly-bred Silkies with single combs, but I've never had a Cochin with feet that color, nor a crest like that. With that much crest, he could even be part Polish, though the shape of his beak/nose doesn't look like that.
wink.png

Last edited:
wink.png
Thank you all! I just love him. He is so sweet!! His name is Sheldon:) I thought he might be a boy so we named him that weeks ago, but wanted to be sure!:)

Yep, I agree it is a boy and I also agree that it looks like a sizzle. Body shape is dead on for silkie, and whenever you have a hybrid you can get the single combs (especially if mom or dad silkie had more of a single comb)

Okay experts, here's an updated picture of my "littles" they are supposed to be pullets, but I'm not very chicken savvy... I just moved them outside and they seem to be adapting well. I have a regular light on them and a heat pad at night. (Low heat pad like they use under dog beds) Sent happy to have them out of my office! Ha!
[/IMG][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom