Frizzled polish x leghorn (has anyone else hatched any?)

Motherhen518

In the Brooder
Jan 21, 2022
Hey all! I'm just looking for anyone else who has hatched polish x leghorn chicks (bonus if they're frizzled!!) I bought a large group of mixed breed hatching eggs a couple months ago from someone I've gotten eggs from before. We had a successful large hatch of a bunch of very interesting/gorgeous mixes but I am most intrigued by the two polish/leghorn cross chicks 🤣

The mothers of these two were leghorns, the father was a frizzled white polish roo.

One is a normal feathered polish/leghorn cross with a very prominent head bump (s/he is all yellow)

The second is a frizzle feathered polish/ leghorn chick! She is adorable, mostly yellow but has developed very light little black spots on her back. Her head bump is less noticable than her siblings. I am SUPER excited to watch her grow and very curious what she may look like!

First two photos are of chick #1 with the lumpy head.

Last two photos are Coco #2, little frizzle baby

These photos are a little over a week old, they are even cuter now and frizzle is even more frizzled!! I plan to take new photos this week.
received_228781366393240.jpeg
received_612288643658060.jpeg
received_601197905191368.jpeg
received_768974991238412.jpeg

Hey all! I'm just looking for anyone else who has hatched polish x leghorn chicks (bonus if they're frizzled!!) I bought a large group of mixed breed hatching eggs a couple months ago from someone I've gotten eggs from before. We had a successful large hatch of a bunch of very interesting/gorgeous mixes but I am most intrigued by the two polish/leghorn cross chicks 🤣

The mothers of these two were leghorns, the father was a frizzled white polish roo.

One is a normal feathered polish/leghorn cross with a very prominent head bump (s/he is all yellow)

The second is a frizzle feathered polish/ leghorn chick! She is adorable, mostly yellow but has developed very light little black spots on her back. Her head bump is less noticable than her siblings. I am SUPER excited to watch her grow and very curious what she may look like!

First two photos are of chick #1 with the lumpy head.

Last two photos are Coco #2, little frizzle baby

These photos are a little over a week old, they are even cuter now and frizzle is even more frizzled!! I plan to take new photos this week.View attachment 3447112View attachment 3447113View attachment 3447114View attachment 3447115
I look forward to seeing them as they grow.

I know this thread is from a few months back but I crossed a polish mixed rooster (the rooster was gold laced, so the polish parent was likely gold laced as well) with a leghorn hen, and I got a really pretty cockerel. Unfortunately, a fox got both of his parents which really upset me, because I've had the leghorn forever and the cockerel I hatched was the only one of this cross I ever hatched. I was looking forward to breeding more of the to see if I could get any new colors or hens of his color. On the bright side, I got to keep him in place of is father.
He is the boy in the front
1691762390665.png

I know this thread is from a few months back but I crossed a polish mixed rooster (the rooster was gold laced, so the polish parent was likely gold laced as well) with a leghorn hen, and I got a really pretty cockerel. Unfortunately, a fox got both of his parents which really upset me, because I've had the leghorn forever and the cockerel I hatched was the only one of this cross I ever hatched. I was looking forward to breeding more of the to see if I could get any new colors or hens of his color. On the bright side, I got to keep him in place of is father.
He is the boy in the front
View attachment 3606020
He's so pretty

Thanks. He has other relatives in the picture I can point out, but he is the only one that has leghorn and polish blood in one bird.
Cool! My "breed in the making" if a mix of Light Sussex & French Cuckoo Maran. The cuckoo Maran has a dominant gene that dilutes the white color of the Sussex to full black. I plan on possibly mixing in a bit of golden laced wyandotte in to turn the yellow lacing into a more golden/copper color. You can see what I'm talking about in the photo.
PXL_20230807_042942281.jpg

Cool! My "breed in the making" if a mix of Light Sussex & French Cuckoo Maran. The cuckoo Maran has a dominant gene that dilutes the white color of the Sussex to full black. I plan on possibly mixing in a bit of golden laced wyandotte in to turn the yellow lacing into a more golden/copper color. You can see what I'm talking about in the photo.
View attachment 3606069
Cool!

Back
Top Bottom