From egg to chick!

What are you going to do with all these boys!
Probably the same thing with my human kids. I have no effing idea. 🤣 I am 110% winging it.

Fingers crossed my purebred variety eggs are gonna be all pullets at hatch!! 😆

Attachments

• 20240402_165234.jpg
    20240402_165234.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 2
Fingers crossed my purebred variety eggs are gonna be all pullets at hatch!! 😆
Dream on Elfenlied.
There are basically 2 ways to deal with too many boys.
  1. Rehome them
  2. Slaughter and eat them
  3. To set them free is no option
Interesting thread you made. If you don’t mind I’m going to follow this thread.
If you like to know about my two last hatching experiences and other matters that came across last year, you can look into my thread as well.

Dream on Elfenlied.
There are basically 2 ways to deal with too many boys.
  1. Rehome them
  2. Slaughter and eat them
  3. To set them free is no option
Interesting thread you made. If you don’t mind I’m going to follow this thread.
If you like to know about my two last hatching experiences and other matters that came across last year, you can look into my thread as well.
Yeah! Go for it. The more the merrier! I am going to do a new thread later tonight for my "hatchables". If you are interested let me know and I will throw you a tag in it as well.

Also, I assume you mean the chickens. I don't think my kids would survive option 1, much less #2. Plus I think #2 comes with some serious clink time.

Yeah! Go for it. The more the merrier! I am going to do a new thread later tonight for my "hatchables". If you are interested let me know and I will throw you a tag in it as well.

Also, I assume you mean the chickens. I don't think my kids would survive option 1, much less #2. Plus I think #2 comes with some serious clink time.
I tried option #3 with my young adult daughters, but they keep making their way back 🤣
Looks like I’m going to have to move…

Last edited:
I'm thankful that I have some acquaintances that are willing to take my extra males and butcher them for me. I can't deny, catching them and giving them to be butchered is HARD. It's something that has to be done if I continue hatching, however. I also prefer consuming meat that came from birds that had good lives, rather than eating that supermarket chicken whose life was much worse

I'm thankful that I have some acquaintances that are willing to take my extra males and butcher them for me. I can't deny, catching them and giving them to be butchered is HARD. It's something that has to be done if I continue hatching, however. I also prefer consuming meat that came from birds that had good lives, rather than eating that supermarket chicken whose life was much worse
True. But I would totally ugly cry giving my boys up. I need to have a bigger area. Preferably one I own. Then they can have their own free range yard and fulfill their bachelor life dreams.

Back
Top Bottom