from incubator to brooder box

Michael Peyper

In the Brooder
Nov 7, 2015
Hi ive just gotten my 1st hatchlings so im new at this and need lotta help?pls. How do i put my chicks in a brooder box and when? Pls help

Congrats on hatching! Chicks can stay in the incubator for up to 72 hours if you need to let the hatch finish. Otherwise, they can be moved to the brooder at any time, as long as the temperatures are right. Most people prefer to let them fluff up before they move them.

Hi Pyxis thanx 4 advice. One more question. My one chick just hatched bt has a "ambelical cord" like thing around its neck? Any advice on what i should do?

Can you post a picture of it? Perhaps it's just some membrane from the egg stuck on it.

Yeah his ok nw bt struggles to walk. Its almost as if his got "stiff" legs. Is there something i could do perhaps or should do?

Is he just wobbly on his feet? Chicks take a while after they hatch to get their legs under them and they are a bit wobbly for a little while. If his lags are going off to the side, that would be splayed leg and would need to be corrected.

Back
Top Bottom