Frontline ???

I tried posting but I dont see it so jere we go again. Dont take # 21s or my opinion for that matter. Google frontline. The EPA has revised their guidelines. He worked for frontline that should have been your SECOND. clue. Make informed Unbiased decisions is my point here Good luck and be informed

For what it is worth my vet recommends only Frontline for flea and tick control, we had a problem with biospot on one of our pups one time and took him to the vet, later did research and found biospot had a lot of trouble with causing illness and death in cats and dogs, my vet also confirmed this and said Frontline is a far safer product, I can't recall what the active ingredient was in the biospot but I am almost certain it is also in k9 advantix which is why I won't use that product either. I am sure even Frontline can cause some problems on occasion but it must be far less likely or the vet wouldn't recommend it, maybe he weighs the risk against the odds of contracting lyme disease and anaplasmosis from deer ticks in my area and figures the Frontline is worth the risk. My bird dog had both diseases at the same time a couple years ago and it almost killed her. How any of these treatments would apply to chickens I have never researched.

I agree its safer I forget how many 100000s of people have bad teactions with prescriptions every year people now not doghs or chickens dogs DO get sick from frontline and small breeds have seizures can. Not making it up grontline can sue me for slander if I am

For my 70 lb Labrador, living in a "corridor" of Lyme disease and erlichia, anaplasmosis, etc......I will continue to use Advantix on my dog. Advantix is more efficacious for us, as it's been explained to me by my vet it has a repellent in it as well as the "bug killer". My dog has tested positive for the antibodies although never been "sick" meaning at some point she's fought off the disease despite the continual use of Advantix. My vet reports that over 97% of her dog clientele does test positive for the antibodies in this neck of the woods. Pretty significant problem around here, although the dogs have half a chance with good vet care and use of these products. These diseases are crippling for dogs and humans if the dogs bring the ticks in the house with them. We'll continue with Advantix here. Risk is too high to not. I've had a lab live a long 14 years while using these products with applications once a month every summer.

As for chickens and removal of lice and mites...I'm going to use the poultry dust method first. As, I've said before, I know the meds work through those oil glands and they are constantly beaking that tail oil gland and preening. If the louse problem I have persists after this dusting treatment then I might just try it as it seems many many have already done it without too much side effect being reported on here. I may even try dabbing some Nu Stock around the vent area and wings just to see if I can rid them with that too. Also good reports on that application. That actually may be my next step if things persist.

Well said I took issue when then guy toted it as totally safe its not and other cheaper methods were inferior. I have no info of large breed precautions and as he admitted it is NOT approved ie not thoroughly tested for chickens and as we are hearing human meds can differ from men and women let alone inter specie Yes one has to weigh the risk but you should be objective and informed

Any thing that bites, You would still need to treat the coop and I would still put Nustock on the feet and legs.i mix mine with Vaseline.

I use frontline when I get northern fowl mite infestations. Note/lice powder just doesn't kill NFM. I spray under the vent and under each wing and repeat a week later. It works a treat

Suziebird is correct on the Nustock and Vaseline. Scaley mites on legs and feet respond well to smothering by oil and grease...and with a medication mixed in they don't stand a chance. Repeat these applications every week until you see marked improvement.

Back
Top Bottom