Frustrated with Buggy Feed

Pics
Yeah it should be. Just looking at the Kalmbach site, there's a lot of feed names being thrown around, various layers, chick feed, flock raiser, flock maintainer, finisher, etc. It kinda makes your head spin! I don't worry too much about what a feed is named or labeled (sometimes the names are flat out deceiving)
Ditto Dat!!

so really what you want to look at are the nutrition panel and ingredients (if there's something specific you want to include or exclude).
Exactly!
Looking at this when choosing a brand/formulation, is vital.
...and checking the mill date when purchasing.

I personally think purina is overpriced and not worth it. I like the store brands ( if they're comparable) because they are fresher cause they are bought more often. I am using producers pride layer pellets with great results and it smells like fresh feed and horses sweet feed.

On another note I have never been able to grind up crumbles without making dust.

I had bugs once and I couldn't talk myself into feeding it to my chicks. The bugs are in the grain when it's bagged up. So your feeding pets all the trash left over over after they have gone through life cycle : the larvae have hatched and they are beetles now eating your feed and laying more eggs pooping all the time. YUCK, GROSS, NO THANKS.
We have been using producer's pride layer feed for a bit over a year, i add extra brewers yeast; it smells good, no bugs ever.
i do use purina goat grain.

Back
Top Bottom