Funny Chicken Story Collection (please contribute!)

Grit is always good! I gave mine at a fairly young age to help the digestion. :)
I put some in a jar cover and let them all have a bit then took it away. Crazy I started 12 years ago with a combination of light Brahmas and blue Cochins. I still have two 12 year old light Brahma chickens. Pets and decided, yes I do want more chickens. After 12 years I feel like a newbie. This forum is an amazing resource. I want to thank all the people who have posted important information and helpful ideas. As someone who is just getting back to raising babies your threads and information has been most helpful and welcome. Thank you.

Im guessing that they don’t taste that great either. 🤢
Nope, they sure don't. One day, I watched my young pullet, happily pecking & munching bugs. Then she got ahold of a stink bug...her facial expression was priceless, a look of surprise, turning to sheer disgust, then she quickly spat out the nasty morsel, leaned down eyeing it closely, as if to purposely remember & embed in her brain, this horrid, offensive snack, then she walked away quite perturbed, shaking her head with attitude. The rooster stared at her quizzically, not knowing what to do...then he figured if she's mad, it's best to leave her alone. He mosied over to the not quite dead stink bug, leaned down to get a closer look, then must've gotten a whiff. He walked away slowly, also shaking his head & snorting. Funniest thing I ever saw! 🤣

Nope, they sure don't. One day, I watched my young pullet, happily pecking & munching bugs. Then she got ahold of a stink bug...her facial expression was priceless, a look of surprise, turning to sheer disgust, then she quickly spat out the nasty morsel, leaned down eyeing it closely, as if to purposely remember & embed in her brain, this horrid, offensive snack, then she walked away quite perturbed, shaking her head with attitude. The rooster stared at her quizzically, not knowing what to do...then he figured if she's mad, it's best to leave her alone. He mosied over to the not quite dead stink bug, leaned down to get a closer look, then must've gotten a whiff. He walked away slowly, also shaking his head & snorting. Funniest thing I ever saw! 🤣
My chickens love stink bugs. Like, it’s the best treat of them all.

Tater Tot, my buff orpington, is the last one out of the coop every morning. The others will already be eating, and she's still up on the top roost....then she begins with the rapid-fire BUK-BUK-BUK-BUK-BUK-BUK, hops down, and as if the door was a guillotine or she was jumping over hot lava, LAUNCHES herself out the door....then calmly joins the others at the feeder... Not the greatest story but it makes me laugh every time I see it.

Back
Top Bottom