Funny Lookin Pre-Teen Silkie Chicks!

SourRoses

Free Ranging
13 Years
Feb 2, 2011
Florida
We've been trying and trying to get photos of our 3 Silkie chicks since they hatched, but either the lighting was off, or they were zooming about so fast it was just a blur. So yesterday we had a big photo op, and while they arent the best photos, at least you can see them!
They are soo funny looking at the moment! Little puff balls are sprouting everywhere. They think they're so smart that they can fly (what happened to Silkies not flying?). They grew too big for my plan of taking pics of one in the mailbox, now they want to be on the mailbox!
All are supposed to be Splash silkies, the down is grey on two of them, yellow on the other, and all feathers and pom pom tails are coming in white... but I have no idea what a splash chick should look like. I've know since day 2 (LOL) that the yellow one is a roo, based on his behaviour, and hes growing a bigger comb area now... but I think the other two are pullets because they act differently and have smaller comb areas... They're 3 weeks old.... Roo is "Velvet" .. Girls are "Sparkle" and "Lacey"
big_smile.png

Velvet with his head in the mailbox
fluffybuts.jpg

chicks2.jpg

mail.jpg

chick1.jpg

Velvet... again
runthehandiscoming.jpg

closeup.jpg

chicks.jpg

fluffyfeet-1.jpg

Dont mind the one girls (Sparkles) eye & cheek, she keeps scratching the fluff off for some reason and then everyone will come peck at it
sad.png

Sorry for the size!

Last edited:
Arnt they adorable? I love em even though squishy keeps them in her room most of the time LOL and my cheap camera is a peice of chicken poo
big_smile.png
darn...way too blurry or is it my glasses?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom