Gambel/Coturnix quail?

Rudy93013

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 11, 2014
Springdale AR
Ok so ive had my coturnix for a good while now.... I recently came cross 4 Gambel quails 2 male 2 females.... Im wondering if gambel quail and coturnix quail can be raised together? I like my coturnix because im getting plenty of eggs... And my wife thinks gamble quail are beautiful which they are i just dont really feel like building another coop unless i have to... Has anyone raised them together or know if they can be raised together?

Ok so ive had my coturnix for a good while now.... I recently came cross 4 Gambel quails 2 male 2 females.... Im wondering if gambel quail and coturnix quail can be raised together? I like my coturnix because im getting plenty of eggs... And my wife thinks gamble quail are beautiful which they are i just dont really feel like building another coop unless i have to... Has anyone raised them together or know if they can be raised together?
I don't suggest keeping new world quail with old world quail. New world quail have a short but specific breeding season and become very aggressive towards other birds. Your coturnix also believe that they own their coop. They are going to attack anything you add to their cage. When mixing groups of coturnix you should add them all together in a cage that is new to everyone, so no one feels territorial about it.

Back
Top Bottom