GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes

I have never gotten the PO to pay on an insurance claim ever. Not once. I don't buy it anymore. I just accept that any losses are fully on me.

On three occasions the PO didn't want to refund my postage costs for late Express deliveries either. One time it was declined because the box contained chicks. One time was because I shipped from a different post office than the one I was getting the refund from. And most recently they tried to decline refund because I paid for shipping online. I almost always create the shipping label online.

hu.gif

I have never gotten the PO to pay on an insurance claim ever. Not once. I don't buy it anymore. I just accept that any losses are fully on me.

On three occasions the PO didn't want to refund my postage costs for late Express deliveries either. One time it was declined because the box contained chicks. One time was because I shipped from a different post office than the one I was getting the refund from. And most recently they tried to decline refund because I paid for shipping online. I almost always create the shipping label online.

hu.gif
She's refusing to refund my box and told me to take it up with the post office???

She's refusing to refund my box and told me to take it up with the post office???

Sellers tell me that, too. Even when I've done everything they ask, like taking photos while still at the post office. And Paypal has the seller's back. It's dang difficult to win a PayPal dispute as a buyer. At least in my experience.

Sellers tell me that, too. Even when I've done everything they ask, like taking photos while still at the post office. And Paypal has the seller's back. It's dang difficult to win a PayPal dispute as a buyer. At least in my experience.
i don't know how to get USPS to honor the box/shipping. I'll talk to them about it when I go pick up my birds tomorrow or wed. (I have ducks coming.)

They SAW that it was trashed, leaking fluid and told me I could refuse the box - but since they brought it to my door, I kind of couldn't. I took pics, and have proof of broken eggs and condition of box.

It was ensured for 50 dollars. (total cost was 51, 20 for shipping, 31 for eggs.)

the damage was extremely obvious, to the point where my post office called me and told me it was destroyed and advised me to refuse the box. :(

I love hearing about how my eggs do, good or bad.  Of course I like the good reports better, but I get a better picture and can inform potential buyers more accurately when I also get the disappointing reports.

Well, its day 20 on your AC eggs. I have two internal pips, im expecting a pip by tonorrow afternoon at the latest!

I've only shipped live birds once. Two 8-month old $5 bantam cockerels. The guy paid $75 by the time it was over, but hey, he wanted my boys. They made it from WV to Indiana in less than 24 hours. Perfect condition. So luckily I had a good experience. I bought 2 shipping boxes, but I don't care if I ever do it again.

The neatest part of my story was the elementary school class that was visiting the post office when I dropped off the birds. They were crowing inside the box and the kids got many giggles out of that. :D
My mother got some interesting stares last Saturday when we were coming back from getting my rooster (she had fall break and kept me company over the weekend). He about blew Mom's eardrums out by crowing in the car while I was shopping. She got some odd looks from others.

Looky, a guinea keet!!

Last edited:
I giggle when the rooster crows inside the box!

It's also funny when I can hear the juvies taking "dust baths" in the pine shavings inside the box. 

It was pretty cute. We all couldn't stop giggling every time. The class was there to learn about the postal service, but they used me to explain that the post office can transport live animals too. But of course every time the boys crowed, we all had to laugh. The teacher was even trying to keep the kids quiet, but she was laughing too. :D

My mother got some interesting stares last Saturday when we were coming back from getting my rooster (she had fall break and kept me company over the weekend). He about blew Mom's eardrums out by crowing in the car while I was shopping. She got some odd looks from others.

Looky, a guinea keet!!

Oh yea, in a car is way fun! Not! Lol

Your pic isn't showing for me! :( will have to look from the computer tomorrow. Congrats though!

Only got one duckling from @RavynFallen eggs. 6 were fertile; 3 made it to lockdown and 1 just died, and 1 hit a vein. But I am very greatful for the one that I got! Thanks ravyn!

Dang!! Sorry more didn't make it... those are difficult when they AREN'T shipped... :/

But glad you got 1!! Got a pic??? :pop

I love hearing about how my eggs do, good or bad.  Of course I like the good reports better, but I get a better picture and can inform potential buyers more accurately when I also get the disappointing reports.

Me too!!

Oh, btw, don't know if he messaged you but @LittleLakePhil got 100% hatch from your eggs!! 6/6 from the ones @meltel donated to him... :celebrate

I've only shipped live birds once. Two 8-month old $5 bantam cockerels. The guy paid $75 by the time it was over, but hey, he wanted my boys. They made it from WV to Indiana in less than 24 hours. Perfect condition. So luckily I had a good experience. I bought 2 shipping boxes, but I don't care if I ever do it again.

The neatest part of my story was the elementary school class that was visiting the post office when I dropped off the birds. They were crowing inside the box and the kids got many giggles out of that. :D

I remember that! :gig

I giggle when the rooster crows inside the box!

It's also funny when I can hear the juvies taking "dust baths" in the pine shavings inside the box. 

I had a gorgeous double tufted black Araucana cockerel shipped to me... our PO had bets on what he was so I opened the box and pulled him out in the PO... they loved him and got a kick outta it!

Back
Top Bottom