GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes

Here's those dreaded feathered legs.
hit.gif

I'm going to have to catch him and look at him real close. I can't tell if that's feather leakage or light reflection I'm seeing. I sure didn't notice those light spots while taking the photos.

SIN!!!! I tell ya!!!!!! LOL I now have Stans brother (Bro) and he has white earlobes!!!!!!
hide.gif
That would be DQ for cage but white is the only accepted APA/ABA breed right now so he is fine for table top-and such a sweet bird
love.gif

He's gorgeous. I honestly wouldn't have caught those feathered legs... I'll have to keep an eye out for it with the chicks I have just in case. And I hope I have even one chick from your line look as good as that one does! I can't wait for mine to hatch! The waiting is killing me... I'm only on day 3...

Sorry-I get confused myself sometime.... WINE! White earlobes in Seramas are like feathered legs in your Cemani. Seramas show in cage and the "perform" for tabletop. Only pure white can win in cage but any color can win on tabletop. Even though "Bro" has white earlobes which are almost impossible to breed out, he is a beautiful and strong enough bird in other aspects that I would still breed him and one day hope to figure out how to get rid of the white earlobes....

Sadly I noticed today that my best juvie Cemani cockerel has some feathers on his legs.  I can put him in my fibro frizzled pen next year.  Still disappointing though.

Those dreaded feather stubs! I was disappointed several times this year when I hatched a gorgeous, all black chick, excellent candidate for growing out...and then noticed it had feather stubs :( Never had that happen until my two current roosters. Needless to say, they are getting the boot from the breeding flock.

@cjwaldon your birds are beautiful and I am honored to have the chance to buy or win them. Feathered legs and white flecks go in with the layers and anything outstanding has their own coop and breeding pen this spring! I can't believe that with all the humidity and incubator problems I had, 4/8 still hatched!!!! I think on 3/15 marans, 3 mottled java and 2 seramas hatched out of a ton of eggs!!!

Those dreaded feather stubs! I was disappointed several times this year when I hatched a gorgeous, all black chick, excellent candidate for growing out...and then noticed it had feather stubs
sad.png
Never had that happen until my two current roosters. Needless to say, they are getting the boot from the breeding flock.
@Pyxis I would love to have some of your birds and @RavynFallen too!!!

@cjwaldon
 your birds are beautiful and I am honored to have the chance to buy or win them. Feathered legs and white flecks go in with the layers and anything outstanding has their own coop and breeding pen this spring! I can't believe that with all the humidity and incubator problems I had, 4/8 still hatched!!!! I think on 3/15 marans, 3 mottled java and 2 seramas hatched out of a ton of eggs!!! 

I second so much of this post! CJ your birds are so pretty! I wish I could see them in person!! maybe some day I'll actually play seriously and have a chance to hatch some from your drool worthy birds.

meltel it too only had 2 serama hatch from a ton of shipped eggs this fall. I did not expect it have so many issues rebuilding my flock!!!! No more shipped serama eggs for me for awhile!

Back
Top Bottom