GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes

hu.gif

Only time will tell. On another note, put an offer down on a 20 acre place today. Waiting for news stinks but hoping the seller has pity and accepts my offer. Even DB is excited; he wants sheep
263a.png

1f983.png
Happy Thanksgiving to all
1f983.png

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!

Can anyone tell me which Pennsylvania bird this is? We noticed 3 low flying the yard and landing in our trees this afternoon, the chickens got really noisy. One chicken stood in the open eyeing up the trees.

Is it a harmless Turkey Vulture? Or something lethal?

Is there a predator identification thread on BYC?

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!

Can anyone tell me which Pennsylvania bird this is? We noticed 3 low flying the yard and landing in our trees this afternoon, the chickens got really noisy. One chicken stood in the open eyeing up the trees.

Is it a harmless Turkey Vulture? Or something lethal?

Is there a predator identification thread on BYC?

That's a turkey vulture... usually not an issue, but be careful of littles unattended outside in the open... I've never had issues with them and here they keep the hawks at bay, but I have heard of others having issues with babies...

That's a turkey vulture... usually not an issue, but be careful of littles unattended outside in the open... I've never had issues with them and here they keep the hawks at bay, but I have heard of others having issues with babies...
Thanks @RavynFallen . And sorry for posting this in the wrong thread!!

We saw a hawk sitting in the median of the interstate today :eek:
I think it was a Coopers hawk. Beautiful bird, but oh so deadly.

I usually watch for the flap-flap-flap when vultures fly, as opposed to the flap-flap-gliiide of hawks.

They do? I haven't noticed. We have both, but the hawks haven't been too much of an issue. Hmmm . . . . Chickens go nuts if even a Blue Jay flies to low.

Back
Top Bottom