GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes

We saw a hawk sitting in the median of the interstate today :eek:
I think it was a Coopers hawk. Beautiful bird, but oh so deadly.

I usually watch for the flap-flap-flap when vultures fly, as opposed to the flap-flap-gliiide of hawks.

Had a Red-Tailed do a fly over this morn... :eek:

They do?  I haven't noticed.  We have both, but the hawks haven't been too much of an issue.  Hmmm . . . . Chickens go nuts if even a Blue Jay flies to low. 

Love turkey vultures here, but we have lots of them... when the hawk was flying over, 4 or 5 turkey vultures were doing a search pass... hawk went on his way quick... guess they don't like larger birds hovering above them, lol...

I spotted an owl sitting on the garden fence a couple of weeks back.  Not even a whisper as it flew off.  I see or hear an owl about once every couple of years. 

Just saw an owl on a power line on our way home tonight... right at the end of our road... there's at least 3 that live around the outside of our property... Call ducks all go in right at dusk or someone disappears quick... :/

Last edited:
Had a Red-Tailed do a fly over this morn... :eek:
Love turkey vultures here, but we have lots of them... when the hawk was flying over, 4 or 5 turkey vultures were doing a search pass... hawk went on his way quick... guess they don't like larger birds hovering above them, lol...
Just saw an owl on a power line on our way home tonight... right at the end of our road... there's at least 3 that live around the outside of our property... Call ducks all go in right at dusk or someone disappears quick... :/

I hear owls occasionally. The turkey vultures are more prominent at my farm, but I have seen a small hawk several times around the house lately. I haven't been letting the OEGBs out much because of it. They are quick, but still small enough that it scares me. They are not happy with me, but better safe than sorry.

I hear owls occasionally. The turkey vultures are more prominent at my farm, but I have seen a small hawk several times around the house lately. I haven't been letting the OEGBs out much because of it. They are quick, but still small enough that it scares me. They are not happy with me, but better safe than sorry.

Yup, I agree... doesn't take but a fraction of a second to lose one...

All the ground predators that make the mistake of stopping at the end of my pitchfork get tossed way up the hill behind us... keeps the turkey vultures happy and crossing over our yard regularly... it's a mutually beneficial relationship... :D

All the ground predators that make the mistake of stopping at the end of my pitchfork get tossed way up the hill behind us... keeps the turkey vultures happy and crossing over our yard regularly... it's a mutually beneficial relationship... :D

:thumbsup

Same here.

Last edited:
I had a cooper's hawk get stuck in my run a couple weeks ago. It was the craziest thing id ever seen. We had to catch him and release him a few miles away. I think he was the reason one of my silkies vanished the day before.

I had a cooper's hawk get stuck in my run a couple weeks ago. It was the craziest thing id ever seen. We had to catch him and release him a few miles away. I think he was the reason one of my silkies vanished the day before.

That's scary.
We've had a couple owls talking back and forth to each other every night for two weeks now.

Back
Top Bottom