GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes

yippiechickie.gif

Ok, so, just for whoever is curious, now that these guys are here, I'm thinking that yellow, pink, and blue are all pullets. Green and orange both definitely look like boys. I will keep everyone posted and update again about them in a month or so.

They're all happy and healthy and I think they've finally all settled in to an official pecking order in the group. They're even becoming a bit more social now after seeing the ones that hatched here come running and jumping on me when I open the brooder. They'll come close to look and see what's so exciting. They won't let me touch them yet workout panicking. I guess it takes some time
smile.png

The 2 that I already moved out to the main coop (they had some leakage) are thriving with 3 other young cockerels that moved out with them. They've been free ranging and darting around all the older chickens. They even made their way past the wood pile and almost to the front yard today. They're like a tiny little cockerel gang lol.

Sorry for the book. A little update turned in to a big one lol.

Nice!! Hope you'll post some updated pics as they progress.
smile.png

This is my first cockerel from @cjwaldon. Is that too much mulberry in his wattles? Or will that darken up?

In my opinion, that's a bit much... from what I have seen (though that isn't much so far) that will get lighter/redder as he matures...

*But* if he is all you have, then as a start I might try him... see if the offspring turn out better... you'd have to grow them out all the way though...

Last edited:
Agreed, that's too much mulberry. However, I have seen them show some mulberry in the wattles during winter months and darken up again once they get more sun again. I'd look for a better boy, but don't be in a rush to dismiss this one just yet. I suspect he'll still have too much mulberry, because even his face is showing color, not just the wattles. Do you have any other boys to choose from?

Back
Top Bottom