GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes

@cjwaldon this is from your stock. I like the size and color of his comb. Disregard how his hackles look. He is wearing TWO no crow collars to keep him on my neighbors good side.

Beautiful! !!

Thoughts? Other variations?

The best variation I've seen is you total value of the prize and shipping (unless raffling for a cause), and divide the total by the number of squares. All participants buy their raffle "ticket" before the close of the raffle. Once all spaces are sold, the drawing is held and the winner takes the prize. The winner pays the same per chance as everyone else, the donor gets the fair value of the item, and the losers are only out of pocket what they felt was a reasonable gamble.

The best variation I've seen is you total value of the prize and shipping (unless raffling for a cause), and divide the total by the number of squares.  All participants buy their raffle "ticket" before the close of the raffle.  Once all spaces are sold, the drawing is held and the winner takes the prize.  The winner pays the same per chance as everyone else, the donor gets the fair value of the item, and the losers are only out of pocket what they felt was a reasonable gamble.

I like the sound of that!!!

Lotteries, raffles and the like are very tightly regulated and are generally illegal. They are also against BYC rules. I've carefully structured the Games for Eggs thread to ensure that players do not have to pay to play. I feel like I'm already borderline on BYC rules by asking winners to pay a small fee. Therefor I cannot allow any games that for all intents and purposes are essentially lotteries or raffles.

Lotteries, raffles and the like are very tightly regulated and are generally illegal.  They are also against BYC rules.  I've carefully structured the Games for Eggs thread to ensure that players do not have to pay to play.  I feel like I'm already borderline on BYC rules by asking winners to pay a small fee.  Therefor I cannot allow any games that for all intents and purposes are essentially lotteries or raffles.

Ah, ok. Guess I should go back and read the rules more carefully. :oops:

Lotteries, raffles and the like are very tightly regulated and are generally illegal. They are also against BYC rules. I've carefully structured the Games for Eggs thread to ensure that players do not have to pay to play. I feel like I'm already borderline on BYC rules by asking winners to pay a small fee. Therefor I cannot allow any games that for all intents and purposes are essentially lotteries or raffles.
i knew this but i wonder if WVs idea of not paying anything for spaces just the prize shipping after, its kinda like basically choose a number and see if you win this way
so you arent buying spaces
hu.gif

I don't really see how it's like a game, though. It's about the same as throwing everyone's name in a hat and having a drawing. Which would probably be fine.

Might be more fun though to attach some simple or fun task to the requirements to enter the drawing. Hm, drawing... There's an idea. Everyone could draw something or color a picture, and post a photo of it, and then all the entries would get their name in the hat.

I haven't participated in any games yet, but I've enjoyed reading through all the old games you all played last year. It's been fun seeing all the chit chat and camaraderie and I've decided to try to play whatever the next game is. I missed the last game cuz we watched a movie with our kids that night and I forgot about it! But it was fun reading it the next day.
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom