Geese Breed Focus - African

I've had two africans, both from Metzer (the regular, not the super africans). I've always wanted geese as pets, but wanted a breed that was docile, quirky, funny and generally a joy to see in the yard. My ladies have been sweet as pie to me and everyone that visits. I love their funky voices! Neither of mine are particularly brave, so I wouldn't really consider my ladies good guard geese, but I never regretted getting them. They're absolutely lovely

Nonalee

Willow

Sorry, what do you mean? I only mentioned things which are known by names of places from which they don't actually come from.
Btw fighting breeds of geese are results of crossing between African type geese (Swan goose descendents) and ones that come from Greylag, e.g. Steinbacher or Tula. So it's not actually the African which have been crossed with the weighting geese - it's exactly the opposite!

Sorry, what do you mean? I only mentioned things which are known by names of places from which they don't actually come from.
Btw fighting breeds of geese are results of crossing between African type geese (Swan goose descendents) and ones that come from Greylag, e.g. Steinbacher or Tula. So it's not actually the African which have been crossed with the weighting geese - it's exactly the opposite!

If you cross one goose with another or you meaning crossing and then recrossing those offspring back to to one just to one side of the cross,that would that the the goose with the greater number of crossings was the goose that was crossed to.Just asking

If you cross one goose with another or you meaning crossing and then recrossing those offspring back to to one just to one side of the cross,that would that the the goose with the greater number of crossings was the goose that was crossed to.Just asking

You're confusing me. I just came back from work lol
I meant those I breeds which have both Swan goose and greylag in their ancestry.

I've had two africans, both from Metzer (the regular, not the super africans). I've always wanted geese as pets, but wanted a breed that was docile, quirky, funny and generally a joy to see in the yard. My ladies have been sweet as pie to me and everyone that visits. I love their funky voices! Neither of mine are particularly brave, so I wouldn't really consider my ladies good guard geese, but I never regretted getting them. They're absolutely lovely

Nonalee

Willow

They look a lot like Elizabeth, who is also from Metzers. Do yours lay many eggs? Elizabeth has been laying every other day for the last 3 weeks or so, and she will turn 1 in June.
0.jpg

They look a lot like Elizabeth, who is also from Metzers. Do yours lay many eggs? Elizabeth has been laying every other day for the last 3 weeks or so, and she will turn 1 in June.
Awe she's cute! Neither of mine where ever really great layers, and I've only found a handful of eggs between the two of them. I don't know if they were laying them in the yard somewhere and I just never found them or what! Either way, I adore them

Back
Top Bottom