Geese noise levels

Heartsopenwide

Songster
Jan 23, 2021
How noisy are geese compared to ducks? I have 6 ducks (new to ducks) my husband told me last night are too loud and annoying (I barely notice them) and I can't get anymore or replace any of these when they pass. I was planning to add geese next spring, but now I am worrier that dream is being squashed...how loud are geese compared to ducks? Are their quieter breeds? I wanted two Roman Tufted.

How noisy are geese compared to ducks? I have 6 ducks (new to ducks) my husband told me last night are too loud and annoying (I barely notice them) and I can't get anymore or replace any of these when they pass. I was planning to add geese next spring, but now I am worrier that dream is being squashed...how loud are geese compared to ducks? Are their quieter breeds? I wanted two Roman Tufted.

Geese can be louder than ducks, but it isn’t constant noise. usually there’s a reason for their noise. Personally mine don’t bother me but when people fixate on something it seems louder to them. People will block out a dog yapping day and night but lose it over a chicken the hear in the distance.

Some breeds are noisier than others, Chinese type geese are louder and noisier than other breeds, out of my geese “Toulouse, Buffs, and Romans” my Roman is generally the quietest and less noisy.

wellll... I once overheard my neighbor say something like "those things are louder than any dog!"

But my precious pair of Pilgrims got used to him and now they dont scream at hm anymore.
They are the best guards as far as sounding an alarm
even the military uses them
because they pay attention to everyone and everything they see and hear every day,,
and,,
after they get used to how it goes
then they will only 'scream' if there is something or someone new.

Back
Top Bottom