geese not eating help

Sugar Sand Farm

Songster
12 Years
Apr 24, 2007
North Florida
I have two 4 month old white embdens. They are spoiled like all our animals. Ever since they were little (4weeks old) I have had to supplement their feed with greens as there isn't much in their yard. They have always eaten a green salad three times a day made up of collards,romaine,spinach,frozen peas and frozen corn. This is in addition to their feed which is free choice. All of a sudden they are not eating anything but the frozen peas and corn. I have tried fruits to no avail I have cut grass for them and still they won't eat it. I'm getting worried that they will not get enough vitamins from just the feed. Does anybody have any suggestions as to something that I could try. Its getting expensive buying frozen vegtables all the time. Also I am floating their food so I know that isn't the problem. thanks Micki

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I'm sorry about your geese!
hugs.gif

I know nothing about them. Hopefully someone will offer some advice to help you!

Last edited:
Well, maybe they found a source of goodies you don't know about? I dont really know anything about geese but if you have feed for them that is made for them, they should get enough nutrients from it if it is their only source of food. All else is extras really.

What are the temps like in your area right now? THey might be hot and like the frozen veggies to cool down. Try getting some grass wet and the putting it in the freezer for a while. I would also try watermellon. Do they have a pool to play in also.... Mine get the grass and then corn. I did have some cherries on some bushed and the darn things ate all of them off the bushes. Good luck Jenn

Thanks guys But I have pools and big bowls in their yard. They have four large tubs and a large kiddie pool to swim in. I tried watermelon cut up and they turned their noses up. Good thing the chickens loved it. I have cut grass and put it in water and they still don't want it. I know the frozen veggies are cold but so are the other greens I give them. When I make their salad it comes from the fridge and I put cold water in their bowls to float it. I am at a loss as to what to try next. I have a list of things that are harmful to chickens but I know waterfowl is a different story. Anybody got a list for waterfowl I could try. Thanks Micki

Back
Top Bottom