Geese Wanted

Goose Smith

Songster
Jan 13, 2023
Greetings! I started raising geese in early 2022 and love them. So much so that I’m trying to turn my house and property into a Goose-stead. I think they are the ultimate poultry in terms of management and I prefer the meat over turkey and chicken. The only problem is it is hard to reliably source goslings without involving a hatchery. I’ve used hatcheries, but would like to find some breeders/keepers of geese that I can buy stock from in the future. Anyone like that on here? :) I’m interested primarily in the Super African, Buff Tolouse, Pomeranians, or cotton patch geese.

*I'm located in south east Indiana and posted in the state thread also. My apologies if that is not proper forum etiquette.

I would suggest checking out the cotton patch goose society, the international waterfowl breeders association, American poultry association, livestock conservancy, or society for the preservation of poultry antiquities.

Maybe consider a membership if you think one fits you.

Sandhill preservation center has Pomeranians you could probably get this year if you jump on getting a mail order in.

I would suggest checking out the cotton patch goose society, the international waterfowl breeders association, American poultry association, livestock conservancy, or society for the preservation of poultry antiquities.

Maybe consider a membership if you think one fits you.

Sandhill preservation center has Pomeranians you could probably get this year if you jump on getting a mail order in.
Good suggestions. Thank you!

Greetings! I started raising geese in early 2022 and love them. So much so that I’m trying to turn my house and property into a Goose-stead. I think they are the ultimate poultry in terms of management and I prefer the meat over turkey and chicken. The only problem is it is hard to reliably source goslings without involving a hatchery. I’ve used hatcheries, but would like to find some breeders/keepers of geese that I can buy stock from in the future. Anyone like that on here? :) I’m interested primarily in the Super African, Buff Tolouse, Pomeranians, or cotton patch geese.

*I'm located in south east Indiana and posted in the state thread also. My apologies if that is not proper forum etiquette.
Hatch them from the ones you have .

Thanks Darrell! Working on that also just got my first eggs this week. But I am looking for different varieties of geese. I like variety :)

Back
Top Bottom