Geico car insurance hijack :)

ONSTAD1

Songster
7 Years
May 20, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
My Coop
My Coop
OK. going to hijack the thread for a sec... Now that I own a new toaster (KIA soul), I've been shopping around for insurance (presently with Progressive). Geico is the least expensive by a long shot...like 33% cheaper. Anyone have any experience with them on either side of a claim? They are so much lower in price than the competition I wonder if their claim service / customer service suffers as a result. Looking to hear both the good and the bad.

Mo

Heard(read) someone on a Georgia forum saying they are bad when it comes to claims...

Progressive was great when I was in a crash caused by someone they insure. I reported it, the next day they drove to his house an tried to talk to him. He did not come to the door or call them back. They payed the tow fees an had my car towed back to my home from the tow yard it was in all on there dime an cut me a check the day the report came out.

Last edited:
I've had both companies and I've been hit by people who were insured by both companies.

Both are pretty similar when it comes to customer service when you are a client. Pretty much all of them are.

Being hit by someone insured by them, Geico was MUCH better to deal with. Progressive was a horrible nightmare of phone tag.

The Princess and I have had GEICO coverage for a long time. In our experience (several automobile/deer collisions) they have been excellent to deal with.

We had a Geico covered car rear-end us nearly a year ago. I've got to say the company was on the ball. Although the damage was very minor to our rear bumper, we were told to take the car to a Geico authorized repair shop, where the bumper was thoroughly inspected. You'd a thought our 10 year old Neon was a brand new Dodge Viper by the way the the auto body expert crawled about to make sure the slightly scratched bumper was not about to fall off. 20 minutes later we had a check since we did not want this particular facility to do the repair-we have our own auto body dude.

Of course my husband dealt with the Geico representative, and he had his best Highway Patrol Officer scowl in place. Nothing like a beady-eyed pit bull of a man squinting at you to keep you honest.

Back
Top Bottom