Gender and Breed please?

Okay, got them up on imgur. The close UPS of the dark winged lovelies are my production reds. The paler one I am thinking is a different gender than its two mates? Has no tail tuft and is fuzzier right now. Unless someone mixed the breeds. The whiter ones in general were sold as pullets but didn't tell me a breed. There are some overall pics in there,

http://imgur.com/a/idnmI

Okay, got them up on imgur. The close UPS of the dark winged lovelies are my production reds. The paler one I am thinking is a different gender than its two mates? Has no tail tuft and is fuzzier right now. Unless someone mixed the breeds. The whiter ones in general were sold as pullets but didn't tell me a breed. There are some overall pics in there,

http://imgur.com/a/idnmI

YAY! The link was approved!

If anyone can help me figure out the lighter one's breed and the genders I would be forever grateful. The one that looks the most different from its mates I did side pictures of it and one of its breed (production red, so I was told.)

TSC didn't have the pullets' breed on the label, if they are even pullets. so far all three match each other well so I am hoping they really are all females. My reds are the only ones where there is question. Two of the reds look similar, but the other one has more body fluff and no butt tuft from what I can see so far.

If to call TSC you can ask what hatchery or hatcheries they go the birds from..then go to the hatchery website and look at their listing....places like privett have a list of st. run bantam breed...which is what TSC orders or hens choice of large fowl common breeds etc....it would narrow down the possible breeds.

Pictures under the heat lamp make the colors all funny. Could you turn it off to take the pictures?

I could try that. If it helps, I called and asked what breeds of pullets they had around when I purchased and she narrowed it down to Isa Browns, Rhode Island Reds, Red Sex Links, and Rhode Island Red New Hampshire Cross. I will see if I can get some pictures of them with the light off, but it might not post since I am new. It took a bit to approve the other link.

Thank you for helping me

Back
Top Bottom