The babies are getting so big!

Shall23

In the Brooder
Feb 25, 2024
any guess on the gender of the bantam buff Brahma?

And any idea of breed on the second one. I’ve had people tell me what they think but want to see what others think.

Attachments

• IMG_9314.png
    IMG_9314.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9301.jpeg
    IMG_9301.jpeg
    721.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9309.jpeg
    IMG_9309.jpeg
    770.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9313.jpeg
    IMG_9313.jpeg
    617 KB · Views: 8
And any idea of breed on the second one. I’ve had people tell me what they think but want to see what others think.

It still looks like a White Laced Red Cornish.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/breed-and-possibly-sex-if-not-to-early.1615849/

The older it gets, the more obvious it is.

It has the pea comb, the body shape, the thick yellow legs, and the correct colors in the feathers. I'm not seeing much lacing in the feathers (should be white edges on red feathers), but that seems to be a fairly common problem with this kind of chicken when it comes from a hatchery. The hatchery doesn't do a good job selecting for a nice pattern in their breeding flock, and after a few generations they have birds that don't show much pattern at all.

I forgot to consider Splash Laced Red (which is what I think you are suggesting.) I don't think the lacing is dark enough to actually be blue.
I have a blue laced hen I didn't know about until I just happened to have it click almost 3 years after I got her as a chick. She looks pretty close to a white and I just didn't realize I had one until she gave a blue laced son one season

Back
Top Bottom