Oviedo FL
93717_img_3282.jpg

93717_img_3287.jpg

This is a red little one

93717_img_3293.jpg

93717_img_3284.jpg

Little barred rock mix

Ameraucana?

All are about 3-4 wks old. Sorry about if posting too large photos - I'm not good at this!
Top 2 photos are of same chick. Photos 3-4 are of barred mix, Photos 5-6 are the tan one.
Thanks for any help!
Merry Christmas!

I would say all pullets based on how my barred rock and EE (the last is an EE) looked at that age. I'm going by the comb development. They still have small, pale combs.

The only one I would even guess on would be the barred rock mix as with the comb development and leg 'heft' I'd say cockeral. Granted, that's just a HUGE guess, they're much too young as others have said.
smile.png

Quote:
What were the parents (and genders) of the BR cross? If the hen was barred and the roo was not, the chick is a roo as it shows barring.

THanks All,
The barred rock mix -- daddy was the roo. Mom not sure of!
The other two I have no idea (came from elsewhere)
Merry Christmas!

I think the BR mix is a pullet. Cockerels have much lighter coloring and only the pullets have the dark wash down the front of the legs. And it's not sex linked because the mom was not the BR. To get a black sex link, you need a solid, non barred roo over a barred hen.

I'm not sure on the reddish one and the EE. It's a bit early to tell on them. Post pics when they get to be about 7 or 8 weeks. Usually by then you can get more definite answers.

Back
Top Bottom