Genetics expert please help

Orpy

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 14, 2013
New Plymouth, New Zealand
i've a white rooster and have been wondering if i breed it with a golden spangled coloured hen what would the outcome be? or what would be the best coloured rooster (beside the obvious 'another golden spangle' to replicate - if that's the right word - the pattern on a smaller breed of chicken

i've a white rooster and have been wondering if i breed it with a golden spangled coloured hen what would the outcome be? or what would be the best coloured rooster (beside the obvious 'another golden spangle' to replicate - if that's the right word - the pattern on a smaller breed of chicken
most White birds are dominant white based on Extended black as background thats why they are all white, the are all black but with dominant white they are turned into all white.. extended black is dominant to all other genes, except genes that alter black feather color like blue,white, chocolate, dun... so if he is pure for the dominant white gene ALL of your birds will hatch all white/yellow at hatch with some black spots, they will grow up to be mostly white..

yes a hamburg - although her 'dad' was a pekin (not my doing) - but she does look like a hamburg but with feathery legs/feet (which i'd like to keep for my pet project) i was thinking perhaps a black/red d'uccle rooster

Cross a gold double laced male (barnevelder) with the golden spangled hen. The offspring will express some spangling on the breast.

Then take a male from the offspring and cross with the golden spangled hen.

Some of the offspring will have spangling on the breast and some will have good spangling.

Tim

Last edited:
thank you Tim
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom