Genetics Professor looking for Albino Chicken Feathers

My boy's color pattern is Splash patterned - Red Shouldered Cream necked Birchen, + Split Sex-linked Albinism.
E^R/E^R, Mh/Mh, S/s^al, Bl/Bl

Since Autosomal Albinism in Chickens is an alleleic mutation of recessive white(C+ is the non-recessive white gene, c is recessive white and c^a is autosomal albinism), you may want to study recessive white plumage too.

How does one know from the phenotype of stock of unkown genetics if they have recessive white, dominant white or a heterozygous pairing of each? Id love to know that along with the rest of the heritage cornish breeders.

For a stay white pure white which is preferred?

How does the silver allele show up on this, also sex linked.

In cornish it doesnt appear to be sex linked or we are talking about different things thst have similiar titles. In heritage cornish it shows 9n both sexes. The silver influence is observed by the presence of black ticking. It is said the more ticking present the greater the influence of the silver gene. It is considered highly desirable as they will never pull brass in full sun or shade.

It is not comsidered a fault on the show table however a cornish owner that has taken time to pluck that ticking will usually win over a cornish that shows it even if it has slightly better type. Judges prerogative.

My split albino Black Copper Maran X Gamefowl cross.View attachment 1956112
Looks to be dominant white with leakage.
Makes sense because of the white legs. The dominant white would dilute the slate legs.
A “split albino” would not express white unless it was dominant white, but I doubt it is split to albino.

And if it was split sex-linked Albino, then his father would have to look the same or his mother would have to be albino.

Back
Top Bottom