Genetics Project! Does anyone have a pic of these different variations?

chickadeeNSC

In the Brooder
Oct 8, 2015
Columbia, SC

My main man is a Ameraucana rooster (Wheaten). I have quite the mix of hens in my flock, and wondering if anyone here has any mixes of these.

Ameraucana x RIR

Ameraucana x Buff Orpington

Ameraucana x Silver Laced Wyandotte

Ameraucana x Brown Laced Wyandotte

Ameraucana x Black Sex-Link

I also have two other ladies which I'm unsure of.

I think the Ameraucana x Buff would make an interesting mix. What do you guys think?

Yes i have RIR Ameraucana Crosses. I have hatched out many over this wast winter, Seems the all get an new color gene as they all get a splash, and many have ear muffs(fluffy head feathers) But mine have only been 4 weeks old and then i sell them off. I noticed they tend to have regular yellow eggs on most and that trait is how i am telling the pure Ameraucana from the cross, but i cannot be 100% certain. I have Ameraucana rooster and 3 rir hens and 2 ameraucana hens. More eggs hatch in 2 days and this will be from a new hen.

3.5 week old Chicks from RIR Hen Cross with Ameraucana Rooster!
I noticed they have colored feathers some puffy cheeks and yellow legs.

This is a mix of RIR Cross and some pure Ameraucana. The Ameraucana rooster is red splash, the Ameraucana hen is gray splash and the RIR hen is a standard red.

3.5 week old Chicks from RIR Hen Cross with Ameraucana Rooster! I noticed they have colored feathers some puffy cheeks and yellow legs. This is a mix of RIR Cross and some pure Ameraucana. The Ameraucana rooster is red splash, the Ameraucana hen is gray splash and the RIR hen is a standard red.
These are beautiful! Thank you for sharing! Hoping my RIR starts laying soon now
1f414.png
1f423.png
2764.png
. Love the colors.

My main man is a Ameraucana rooster (Wheaten). I have quite the mix of hens in my flock, and wondering if anyone here has any mixes of these.

Ameraucana x RIR

Ameraucana x Buff Orpington

Ameraucana x Silver Laced Wyandotte

Ameraucana x Brown Laced Wyandotte

Ameraucana x Black Sex-Link

I also have two other ladies which I'm unsure of.

I think the Ameraucana x Buff would make an interesting mix. What do you guys think?
I think you should look them up yourself using the image search on http://www.ixquick.com search engine. You will learn a lot more than if someone spoon-feeds you the answers.
Best,
Karen

I think you should look them up yourself using the image search on http://www.ixquick.com search engine. You will learn a lot more than if someone spoon-feeds you the answers.
 Best,
 Karen

Troll much?
1f44e.png
I've looked everywhere and can't find confirmed mixes. Just looking to see pictures from real users who have them. I didn't ask for any answers from anyone.

Last edited:
Troll much?
1f44e.png
I've looked everywhere and can't find confirmed mixes. Just looking to see pictures from real users who have them. I didn't ask for any answers from anyone.
Not trying to rain on your parade but the EE in your picture is not a wheaten variety. The rooster in the picture below is wheaten. Your rooster is a mixed genetic variety and it would be impossible to have pictures of the outcomes of the crosses. You may not like my answer but it is the truth.

Last edited:
Not trying to rain on your parade but the EE in your picture is not a wheaten variety. The rooster in the picture below is wheaten. Your rooster is a mixed genetic variety and it would be impossible to have pictures of the outcomes of the crosses. You may not like my answer but it is the truth.
I'm always open to learning new things. I don't consider it "raining on my parade" , I just don't like nasty comments like "go search here, spoon feed answers" etc. I was just looking for others experiences or outcomes. I didn't post anything nasty or assuming. Everyone starts somewhere and it's comments like above that are really discouraging.

While I agree some of the comments on the above posts were not very kind, Wappoke was just pointing out that your Ameraucana is not an Ameraucana.

This means your rooster is carrying a mixed bag of golor genes. Which makes it impossible to predict what color genes the chicks will carry.

Back
Top Bottom