Georgia Here Too !!!!!

I currently live in Peachtree City but we are looking to move. We want to live where we can have some more land and also Chickens. It is very frustrating to be somewhere where we can not do what we want to. Does anyone know which surrounding towns do allow chickens? I have searched and searched and can not find any ordinances on line that say one way or another.
Thanks!

^I'm with you!^
I live In sharpsburg ga. And am contemplating raising chickens but despite multiple searches I can not find anything on the laws here?

If any one could help it would be greatly appreciated.

I will be looking to se if I can find a local breeder! Aswell " That is once I decide on a Breed"

Hi Eggronomic, we're near you. We have a farm in west GA. Try calling your city administrator if you are in the city limit! And when you research and if you're ready, feel free to call us. There are others in the area as well that would be glad to help you!

Confused....

Peach Tree City isnt located in Fulton County, Georgia , but in Fayette County, Georgia. In Fulton your limited to the amount of hens you are allowed and roosters are banned.
Johns Creek's Martha Mellon will give away her chickens as part of her settlement the City of Johns Creek. Mellon sued the City after it cited her for violating the zoning ordinances by raising poultry within 200 feet of a neighboring property line.
Which was also in Fulton County. So, if you mean Fulton county is not poultary friendly..you would be correct.

However, I know in PTC there has been active progress in changing the zoning. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/726587/peachtree-city-ga-lets-change-the-ordinance

Are any of you on this thread planning on attending?

Northeast Georgia Poultry Fanciers Association
7th Annual Poultry Show
Saturday, January 19, 2013
Jackson County Comprehensive High School Ag Barn
1668 Winder Hwy
Jefferson, GA 30549

Last edited:
Eggronomic,

I have friends in Sharpsburg that have chickens and will ask them. They are in a neighborhood and do not have more than 1 acre so you may be OK there. It may depend on whether the neighborhood allows it. Our friends have had them for years and as far as I know they have never had problems.

Hey I live in Ga, too! In Tift county, the friendly city! I ave 1 silkie, 2 sultans, 2 EE, 3 Red stars, 1 RIR, one australorp, one blue Wheaten ameracauna, and one OEG bantam.

Hello Peach state!! Wanted to share the link to the Georgia state thread thats listed in the "Find your state here..." area, in case some of the newbies haven't come across it,
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/121387/yo-georgians

Now lets go have some sweet tea!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom