Georgia Here Too !!!!!

Hi Leslie,
What breed of chicks are you hatching?

For all the group
As a new transplant to SE GA, what are the best breeds of chickens for the weather here?

Has anyone had Isa Browns for laying hens?

May the Holidays surround all of you with Lots of Happiness, Exciting New Adventures, Love & Laughter.

Mary Kay

To all of you new to GA and to BYC welcome!
frow.gif

Right now most of mine are crosses, I have Brahma hens,Golden Comet hens,blk sex link hens, but my roosters are a std. blk Turken, and a 2 large brahma cross roosters. I don't separate mine untill spring so right now they all run together. Chickens,ducks,turkeys,geese a X-lg menageraie.....lol

Leslie

OH how exciting. My first "chick" contacts in this area. I'll definitely be in touch as soon as I decide on a coop. Part of me wants off easy with an eglu, the more frugal side and dear hubby are saying "what are you, crazy? Build one". While they fight it out, I'll be lurking...

I had the same questions about breeds as MaMaK61. Read somewhere that the smaller breeds did better in the heat and humidity? Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome! and Merry Christmas.

SoGal

Hi guys!

New here and to chickens! I just ordered 7 EE's and 7 Buff Orpingtons from Ideal a week or so ago, and they're due to ship January 9! I'm getting the brooder set up this week and I'm so excited! We're hoping to start construction on our coop in a couple of weeks, pending final headscratching over plan details and location.
smile.png

I'm in Colbert, GA, which is a little ways outside of Athens. Have also lived in Metro Atlanta, Cumming, and Dawsonville (waves to those of you in Dawson county!)

Great to meet you all!

yippiechickie.gif
:yiipchick

I'm out in the woods between Jasper and Ellijay, and have 80 layers (RIR, Golden Comets, and Black sex links) and beginning in about a month I will be raising 25 pastured broilers a week through November.

I also have a small goat dairy producing about 75 gallons of milk a week along with kefir and cheese.

Bob Hayles
Thornberry Village Homestead
Jasper, GA

Thornberry Village Homestead, a small goat dairy owned by God, managed by Bob and Tyler.

I'm here in beautiful Acworth, 30 minutes north of Hotlanta. We're pretty new at this game- 2 white leghorns (Stella and Blanche DuBois), 2 RIR, 1 aracauna, 2 Barred Rock, 3 Buffs and 1 lucky Buff rooster. We love our girls!

Back
Top Bottom