Georgia Here Too !!!!!

Hello.

Newbie here from GA.

Currently living in Peachtree City. They're so mean they won't let anyone keep "fowl" on their property. Of course the geese and ducks poo all over the recreational fields near the lakes and no one does anything about that, but put a couple quiet hens in your yard and WATCH OUT.

So, thankfully we are moving soon, hoping to move to a more poultry-friendly area. Currently, the most promising possibility is in south Fulton county, not far from Newnan and we have relatives in Sharpsburg so we go there often.

Wherever we move, I'm sure once we get settled I will be asking lots of silly newbie questions
lol.png
and trying to get started with some chickens.

I have five kids, which means the older ones can be a big help when they want to, and they can all EAT. They all love eggs, and will love FRESH eggs even more. Hubby likes fresh eggs, and while his job will probably keep him busy, and leave most of the day-to-day care to me, he's very positive about the possibility of having our very own chickens.
big_smile.png

"Kat"
DH "Drew"
DS10, DD8, DD7, DS5, DD2

From what I have found out about Fulton County's rules, you can have up to 75 birds provided you have the room to keep them in the minimum required housing space.

Peachtree City however, trust me I have lived here ten years. I have an acquaintance who was forced to get rid of her birds because it's against the rules to keep chickens, ducks or other "fowl." I called around and tried to find a way to get around it, but it's just not done in Peachtree City at all. Don't get me started!

Fayetteville and Fayette COUNTY (unicorporated) are fine with birds, but Peachtree City is a different place altogether. Which is fine if you like that sort of thing, but I'd rather have more space and less micromanaging regulation. If my grass gets yay high, don't worry I will cut it, I don't need a letter TELLING me how high it is. If I park my pickup on the front grass to unload something, don't worry I will move it I don't need a knock on the door from code enforcement TELLING me not to park there. It's my house, my yard, and while I understand the desire to not have, oh, rusted old camaros up on blocks or something, I don't DO that... Hmm. Yes I am ready to move.
tongue.png

frow.gif
Howdy all you Georgia People! I am from GA to and have lived here all my life. I think the majority of you folks are quiet aways from me. I live in Southwest GA. About an hour from Albany and 2 hours from Valdosta. Welcome to BYC!!

I forgot to mention that I am addicted to chickens and I have all the lovely members of BYC to think for that.....

Last edited:
:frowSoutheast GA here, Cobbtown. ( I know...noone's ever heard of it!)
cool.png
That's okay...we love our chickens!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Hello Everyone,

I am in Jackson, GA about 40 miles south of Atlanta. Actually I live closer to Griffin. I have lived here since 1999. We moved here from California. My husband was transferred with his job. We have 4 Buff Orpington girls. I have a dozen fertile BO eggs coming in the mail soon. I can't wait to get them.

Tina

HI CHKNFMR
I know where Cobbtown is, you are not far from me.
I live 14 miles west of Metter just off the 16.
Glad to know there is someone else in my area.
MaryKay
SE GA

Hey Guys!

I'm new to chickens, too. Sounds crazy since I was born and raised in Rabun County..... EXTREME NE GA!! Moved a whole county south to Habersham three years ago. I lived on a farm all my life, but it was mostly horses... no chickens.
sad.png
I live in a subdivision and we're not supposed to have chickens, but so far....so good. I talked my new hubby into 6 hens, one for each of our girls....(for eggs), but it turned into 18 plus 4 more yesterday. This is soooo great! I have lots of questions, so y'all watch out and please help!
big_smile.png

Hi everybody, I'm from the Moultrie, Adel area. We have 4 Silkie chicks, they will be 3 wks. old Monday. We have a lot to learn. Any comments concerning Silkies would be appreciated.

Me at work.

IM000698.jpg

Back
Top Bottom