Georgia Here Too !!!!!

Hangin out down here with Fivestring in Nashville.

welcome-byc.gif

Well the last Post was in 2009 and now its 20 days from 2011, but let me just jump in here and start this thread back for us newbies, I am from Georgia born and raised out side of Dublin, Ga. in Rockledge, Ga., and now Adrian, Ga. in case you are not aware of this area, well Dublin, Ga. is a few miles from Rockledge, Ga. and a few feet to the left is Adrain, Ga. a few steps to the right is Soperton, Ga. and well that is just the way our creeks and boundary runs around the deep southern part of Laurens Co., all this is between Macon, Ga. and Savannaha, Ga., I presently live on a boundary, and if I step 30 pace to the right of my yard I am Rockledge, 30 paces to the left Adrian 30 paces in front Dublin, and 30 paces backward Treutlen, so when we bought this property the utility and phone company didn't know who was going to give me service they were all arguing over my little no long distance $29 phone bill, HA, HA, and it took us from September to December to get utilities and services, now ain't that a pickle. We are off the grid, no gps or map quest will get you here. When I put in my new address I always get a message "Please call 1-800 and speak to a representitive to verify your address", then when I tell the phone operator that I bought land from a timber company that was not a residental area and had been in pines the last 150yrs, well that starts another pickle, so nice to meet you, hope to see you, and great holidays.

Last edited:
haha,
just saw this one myself
I'm from south Georgia, in Hahira, near Valdosta.
Got just about a little bit of everything, from bantams to peafowl here, well come any of you here any time

Alapaha Ga. here In Berrien County. I currently have and plan to add other standard and non standard varieties of Sussex, Orpingtons, bantam and largefowl Wyandottes, and long tails.

Harris County. Hamilton Ga
I have Hatching eggs and will have chicks at the end of the month lots of breed to choice from
www.redroofhens.com. You Guys come see me.

BLRW, Frizzle Standard Cochins, BBS Cochins, Buff Orpington, Black Copper Marans and Frizzle Easter Eggers and have a few BBS Orpingtion. Willl have lavender Orpington. Millie Fleur Duccle and BBS Silkies, Rose Comb RIR and RoseComb Rhode Island Whites soon

Do have a few Buff Orpington Chick for sale now.

Chattooga County between Summerville and Rome touch the Chattahoochee National forest, former resident of Dallas, Ga. (but Mo. born). I used to do chickens, but now I do ducks (love duckies)
big_smile.png
, geese, couple horses,a donkey, dogs and a kitty....

Lowndes County here ( we have Valdosta surrounded) . Have Black cochen bantoms , RIR , redsex-link , black sex-link , bcm , and black jersy giants,and a couple of black hens . total of about 40 birds depending on how many possoms came through last nite .
Loking for Buckeyes , I go to the sale( auction ) in Cook county farily often . Have a very old sportsman incubator and a nearly complete hand built one .

Last edited:
LOL Looks like there are 2 GA threads going.....Seems like this was quiet for a while an it's back....Anyway, here's a link to the other thread....Would be nice if we could all get on one thread....Please think about it and then we don't have to check 2 threads for what's up in GA!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=121387

Hello to those of you who do not know us. Jac & I are full time farmers in W. GA and have roughly 500 poultry - geese, ducks, chickens, turkeys, etc. We have been farming full time 5 years and shipping hatching eggs and incubating eggs into babies for sale for over 4 years. We also sell bunnies and milk goats and of course licensed goat milk, veggies, eating eggs, cooking herbs, etc.

Here's what we have in the way of hatching eggs and sell their babies as well:

Here's our list of offerings..Hope I don't leave any of the flocks out.

Lavendar Orpingtons
Speckled Sussex
Wheaten Marans
Blue Black Splash Orpingtons
Heritage Delawares
Heritage RhodeIslandReds
BBS Marans (current pen producing Blue Copper and Splash Marans)
Black Copper Marans
White Leghorns
Barred Rocks
Very Small group of Welsummers (more upcoming pullets -if you want a large group - probably late season)
Easter eggers

Pekin ducks (laying)

Guineas (not yet laying)

Turkeys - many kinds - not yet laying

Later in the Season - Coronation Sussex
Pumpkin Hulseys
Silkies
Olive Eggers

See us on our facebook The Garry Farm or our website. I'm slowly getting all our poultry pics loaded. These 18 hour days are long and leave only a little web development time!

Have a great and blessed day.

Back
Top Bottom