Getting 3 Baby Chicks!!!

I remember when I got my first chick. My kindergarden class visited a hatchery in 1968 and if we had a permission slip signed by our parents they gave each of us a free chick as a lovely parting gift. Mine promptly pooped in my hand which cause me to promptly puke. I been getting pooped on by chickens ever since.

Memories brought back of getting my first chicks! :) Congrats!!! A couple years later, and I still got the thrill. Loll Just got mine yesterday, and my turkeys today. Post pics!!!

Well, the chicks have arrived at the store but the lady there said she is going to keep them over the weekend to make sure they are all happy and healthy, which means I am not going to get the chicks until next Monday or Wednesday
sad.png
. It is a bummer but I am glad that she cares so much about the chicks well-being.

Well, the chicks have arrived at the store but the lady there said she is going to keep them over the weekend to make sure they are all happy and healthy, which means I am not going to get the chicks until next Monday or Wednesday
sad.png
. It is a bummer but I am glad that she cares so much about the chicks well-being.
Oh no! That's devistating :( Well hopefully this is for the best, but it sucks that you can't do stuff with them over the weekend. Major bummer!!

Keep us posted on what happens.

We are getting chicks for the first time next week. I thought we were getting them to day, but they sold out! We got the tub ready for them though. We're getting three and mostly want Ameracauna's. We have three 11 month old hens now. We got them at 10 weeks so we have never had babies before.

We have the heat lamp, BarAle medicated chick feed, pro-biotics (chick savr), waterer, and feeder. I think that covers it?? I closed off the tub a bit so they will stay under the heat lamp.

We've decided on Marcia, Jan, and Cindy for names (Brady Bunch girls names for those not old enough to remember!)

Well, the chicks have arrived at the store but the lady there said she is going to keep them over the weekend to make sure they are all happy and healthy, which means I am not going to get the chicks until next Monday or Wednesday :( . It is a bummer but I am glad that she cares so much about the chicks well-being. 

Awwh I would be a little dissapointed, but thankful the worker cares so much :3 at least your babies are in good hands
1f425.png
2665.png

We have the heat lamp, BarAle medicated chick feed, pro-biotics (chick savr), waterer, and feeder. I think that covers it?? I closed off the tub a bit so they will stay under the heat lamp.
Forcing them to stay under the heat lamp is a bad idea Julia. They need to be able to get away from the heat if they get too hot. You want to warm them, not bake them.

Oh gosh, don't want baked chickens! I can take out the divider I made. I was just afraid they might not be warm enough if the area was too big.

Back
Top Bottom