Getting a Bengal hybrid

buck-wild-chick

Songster
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
Hamilton C. FL
My mom is getting one from a co worker and we have a question.
Do they get along good with other cats and dogs? It is a male...
We are planning on getting him neutered as soon as he is old enough.He will be a strictly indoor cat but will have access to our screened in porch.

Any heads up on the breed that we should know? like bad habits.
We have researched them but its always good to get extra advise.
Thanks,Tayler

Typical cat behavior, same with any other cat , careful around inside birds rodents etc,
Unless they have by now bred it out of them , watch for sensitivity to normal routine shots, distemper rabies, etc.
The Bengal X I had was so sensitive that she would go into anaphylaxis every time. she would have to be put on Benadryl and steroids just for her yearly shots.
Other than they they are a joy to have around.

Whats the hybrid mean? It mixed with something more wild? Like a Savannah cat? ooh, i sooo want a Savannah someday! Ever see one of those Buck-Wild?

Quote:
ITs my dream...But i think they are illegal in my state..
sad.png

For anyone who doesn't know a Bengal is a hybrid between a domestic and an asian leapord cat.

For original OP. I would recomend finding a vet used to bengals. They can have issues with food so you need to keep it on a high protein low carb diet with very few to no dyes in it. (The other reason for the low carb high protein is because of they breed) If not no matter where you are in the house you will smell it when they go. Also if you do notice a lot of stomach/ bowel issues check this link out with your vet....http://www.cvm.ncsu.edu/docs/personnel/gookin_jody.html

Temperment can be from very shy to very outgoing. My bengal will jump on anyone who comes into the door but I have seen a lot that will disapear when a new person comes in. She also has more of a siamese type temperment. They love high places so make sure there is somewhere they can get up. They are VERY playful!!!!!
You can get your cat fixed as soon as it is 2# and completely vacinated.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom