Getting a Divorce in Georgia Need advice!!!!!!

plester01

Songster
12 Years
Jul 23, 2007
Foreman,AR
I am going to be getting a divorce and need advice. He has already moved out. It will be an uncontested divorce. No children, no property. I will want my last name changed. I am looking for the cheapest route available. What do you think about do-it-yourself-kits??

Yea, I think so to. Now I just ned to save up my money to buy the forms. $39.99 for divorce forms, $19.99 for name change forms.

When the divorce is finalized, can't you just have it decreed that your name is reverted back to your former name at no charge?
I am not sure that I worded that correctly, but I have a headache.

I did the do it yourself route. I was able to get the name change granted with out any extra forms. He asked if I wanted it done and I said yes. I think the forms you were looking at is for people who just want to change their names

My mother had to pay to have her name changed back to her maiden name. It seems kinda silly, but they do have to change all the paperwork and whatnot. I don't know how much it cost her because my grandparents paid for it as a gift for her birthday. They offered to change mine as well, but I figured I'd save them the expense and wait for it to be added as part of a marriage license fee.

Since there's nothing to fight about the kit seems fine, just as long as your sure he's not preparing to raise a stink about something . . . or you're not, for that matter. I hope it goes well for you.

I hope this isn't hijacking the thread, but does anyone know how the name change thing for married couples works? Specifically, I'm wanting to drop having a last name completely, and just go by my first and middle name. Would I be able to do this as part of the whole marriage deal, or would I need to arrange a separate process for that? I'd love to have it all taken care of in one go, and I don't see why it couldn't.

I'm in Hall County. When I was going through my divorce I found out you can go to the courthouse and get a copy of divorce papers. Type it up yourself. Print it out and sign it in front of a notary. Have him sign it and pay like $35.

This is what we were going to do till his dad stepped in and hired him a lawyer.

Back
Top Bottom