Getting Chickens To Go Back Into Their Coop?

Thank you, that's exactly what I started doing, hrowing in apple chunks and hey come a runnin!

They should go in around dusk. If you haven't, try waiting until dark one night. If they just roost down in the run then it should be easy to pick them up and place them on their roosts that night.

Yeah, this. If their roosting area is appropriate, they should figure it out after a week or so of being placed there. They might struggle and squawk initially, but if they do get loose (or you let them go because your grip is so bad there's no point in trying to get them re-restrained) they're not going to go far. It's dark.

Thank you. I seem to be free of this problem for a while. We got about 15 cm of snow and they weren't at all interested in going out today. But the coaxing them in with a treat thing seems to be working good.

Hi
If u have a particular coloured bowl and fill it with treats (sweet corn and peas) and whistle, they will soon get to know that the bowl and whistling means food. Throw some into the pen and they will all run in. It could take up to 2 weeks for them to learn though

Mine go to roost all on their own. We just go shut the door. ;-)
I'll have them free range in the yard and as soon as the sun hits a certain point, they all go running in, following each other. It is way too funny!

. I use my border cillue to put them in!

Back
Top Bottom