Getting closer!!

CrystalMosko

Chirping
Jul 1, 2022
Hayden, ID
So my hubby and I have been working on this coop run for awhile! The shed was a pre-built shed. We decided to have the run come out straight off of the shed. I wanted it to be 24 feet and hubby thought 16 would be PLENTY. We ordered the same metal roofing as the shed and got busy building. We made the trusses by hand (word of advice, buy them if you can). I then purchased the critterfence that someone on this site recommended. It is black coated hardware cloth. I think it was pretty reasonable compared to some of the hardware cloth prices I've seen at the big box stores. I've got that stapled to the pressure treated lumber and will be adding the screws and washers tomorrow. The predator fence at the bottom is covered by dirt added from around the property. I will probably be adding a little bit of gravel to that over the next week. We currently have the girls (and 2 boys) 'old' coop inside the run because the interior of the shed is in the works. I REALLY wanted the run done first because I wanted to give them room in the winter to get outside and run around a bit. We will be trying to button things up here in the next month!
IMG_8551.JPG

Love it!! Excellent job. Even the pre-fab in there is so much better than when I see pic's of a pre-fab with no secure run around the entire thing like you've got. When you finish the coop you'll be able to use the pre-fab as a hospital, broody jail or for MORE CHICKS, hahaha! 2 boys, hmmmm hope that works or maybe one of them you name "Stew" :lau ENJOY!!!

Love it!! Excellent job. Even the pre-fab in there is so much better than when I see pic's of a pre-fab with no secure run around the entire thing like you've got. When you finish the coop you'll be able to use the pre-fab as a hospital, broody jail or for MORE CHICKS, hahaha! 2 boys, hmmmm hope that works or maybe one of them you name "Stew" :lau ENJOY!!!
Thanks @SandyRiverChick! It's been a ton of hard work, sore hands, backs and knees, but I think it will be worth it in the end. I'm not planning on doing it again, so this is it! =)

Back
Top Bottom