Getting started

qhlover

Chirping
May 15, 2015
West Texas
After many delays and having to relocate the coop I am starting our chicken/ duck run today. Of course it is going to be 95+ today. I better get moving I have 8 posts holes to dig.

I got the holes dug and the sheep fence moved. Then got rained out
Send some rain over here....we are parched here in Cally....

Great job on getting your posts dug in the heat!
celebrate.gif

Well I didn't get the posts set today. Had good weather this morning but had to take a puppy to the vet now there is thunder and lightning. Maybe tomorrow at least mt husbend will be home to help

Wow, that is a lot of work. My husband has a question for you or anyone. How do you make sure the poles are in a straight line? We aren't good at building things and will be up to this stage within a few weeks. It will go smoother if I can show him some directions on how to do this. Any info is deeply appreciated.

I
Wow, that is a lot of work.  My husband has a question for you or anyone.   How do you make sure the poles are in a straight line?  We aren't good at building things and will be up to this stage within a few weeks.  It will go smoother if I can show him some directions on how to do this.  Any info is deeply appreciated.

I use stakes an string as I guide, out lining the perimeter of the run. Then line the flat side of the 4x4 with the string. Double check the spacing. Then add your concrete and use a level to straiten the post. I hope that helps good luck

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom