Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Quote: I frequently neglect to raise humidity for hatching as I often end up hatching in the bottom of the big bator (know I shouldn't) .
Generally find that as long as I am not opening the door all the time very few fail to hatch. It seems that that opening the door is the biggest cause of shrink wrap.

The original people of the Philippines are the Negritos for whom the island we live on was named. They are diminutive, dark skinned curly headed people who live in tribes. We have a group, the Ati, who live in the mountains behind us. I was really surprised when I first saw a couple of them in Cayuaun, our local poblacion or township, where the municipal seat is located. They are very friendly trusting people who have been easily taken advantage of through modern history. Here are some pics.

OMG she is so beautiful. Maybe it is the smile.

I frequently neglect to raise humidity for hatching as I often end up hatching in the bottom of the big bator (know I shouldn't) .
Generally find that as long as I am not opening the door all the time very few fail to hatch. It seems that that opening the door is the biggest cause of shrink wrap.
I will give it a shot. I agree that opening the door is the biggest cause of shrink wrapping. The display case bator has 4 sq feet of plexiglass to view through without opening it.

Last edited:
4 sq feet of plexiglass to view through without opening it.
ep.gif
th.gif

It is kind of scary if that is just the window......

thumbsup.gif

I would suggest that after it is loaded up (before pipping) Bernie does not opening it until the hatch is done !!!!!!
I know it is super tempting to pull out chicks as they hatch but that is the worst thing for the unhatched ones!!

Back
Top Bottom