Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

[COLOR=333333][COLOR=B22222]H[/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000]a[/COLOR][COLOR=FF8C00]p[/COLOR][COLOR=FFD700]p[/COLOR][COLOR=008000]y [/COLOR][COLOR=00FFFF]B[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]i[/COLOR][COLOR=EE82EE]r[/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000]t[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]h[/COLOR][COLOR=000080]d[/COLOR][COLOR=FFFF00]a[/COLOR][COLOR=800000]y[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333][COLOR=FF0000]M[/COLOR][COLOR=0000CD]r[/COLOR][COLOR=008080]s[/COLOR] [COLOR=800000]O[/COLOR][COLOR=FF8C00]z[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333][COLOR=000080]L[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]a[/COLOR][COLOR=FFFF00]b[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]G[/COLOR][COLOR=D3D3D3]i[/COLOR][COLOR=EE82EE]d[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Happy birthday mrs oz....belated though it is ..have a joyous day!! :)

Baby croads 3 out 2 more pipped

Quick question (was going to ask over at the NY thread, but moderators locked it....somebody questioned moderation).

I set 24 eggs in my Brinsea...first time using it. It has a built-in thermometer and I added a second thermometer that I nicked from my son's snake habitat (much to his chagrin). Both read the same reading for the first couple of days.

Last night the built-in showed a slightly lower temp than the added thermometer. This morning, the added thermometer shows 100 degrees and the built in shows 98.

Which one do I believe? Both of those temps are wrong...too high or too low, right? I'm not sure if I should adjust up or down!

Quick question (was going to ask over at the NY thread, but moderators locked it....somebody questioned moderation).

I set 24 eggs in my Brinsea...first time using it. It has a built-in thermometer and I added a second thermometer that I nicked from my son's snake habitat (much to his chagrin). Both read the same reading for the first couple of days.

Last night the built-in showed a slightly lower temp than the added thermometer. This morning, the added thermometer shows 100 degrees and the built in shows 98.

Which one do I believe? Both of those temps are wrong...too high or too low, right? I'm not sure if I should adjust up or down!
i dont know brinseas - drop into the incubators anonymous thread.

if it was mine i would try turning it off for 2 minutes and powering it back up.

Is the second thermometer digital?

No, neither thermometer is digital. Both are bulb type. Which is kind of why its so weird, lol.

ETA: Actually, my son's thermometer is a dial type.

Last edited:
No, neither thermometer is digital. Both are bulb type. Which is kind of why its so weird, lol.
i would be most inclined to trust the digital thermostst in the brinsea

are the thermometers together or a distance apart? there may be variations in the incubator

next sit them in ice water and chyeck their calibration

Back
Top Bottom