Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Good. We really have some mortality in breeding chickens. As it happened, in return it makes us a little more educated, informed, & prepared, Yes Sir & the best "tuba" is from our place Cauayan. It is our favorite drink every afternoon after work with fresh fish "kinilaw" Cauayan style.Lol! I presume you have already tasted the "kinilaw" delicacy of our place along with a gallon of "tuba," drunk in a vessel made of coconut shell.
i certainly have don senor rolito

a gallon of tuba is a cultural experience

the kinilaw (ceviche) is awesome

Quote:
hmm.png

Question..... how long does it normally take for chicks to fluff up? Mine started hatching last night, and they still look sticky..... ? Also, I had one that hatched and looked like it hadn't completely absorbed the yolk.... I have them in baskets, so I just left it alone.... Should I be doing anything else? And one pipped on the side.... No more progress.... ?

Shew, I don't know if I can handle all the wondering with incubating and hatching!

Question..... how long does it normally take for chicks to fluff up? Mine started hatching last night, and they still look sticky..... ? Also, I had one that hatched and looked like it hadn't completely absorbed the yolk.... I have them in baskets, so I just left it alone.... Should I be doing anything else? And one pipped on the side.... No more progress.... ?

Shew, I don't know if I can handle all the wondering with incubating and hatching!
If you can quickly snag out the chicks that need to fluff to place them in the brooder go a head and do that.... cover the top of the incubator with a damp towel to keep the humidity in if you can. Look up Sally Sunshine who is on this thread as well.... she can talk you through the absorbed yolk. as well as other issue like no more porgress.

Hang in there sometimes it takes 24 hours between pipping and zipping. Its very hard work for the chicks.

deb

Mrs Oz left Tiling this morning for Bacolod.

No more issues with sick chicks.

Dominic is into a routine. He has good suggestions and is working well.

Lock down is underway. The scorecard will be completed Monday

Hector is enjoying the morning sun

The garden is really starting to become productive. Ampalaya or bitter melon ready to pick.

The guineas will be in their new home pen Saturda, Making way for the last big hatch to clear the brooder.

The site of the new grow pen

The trunk of a Nymph Tree. Its in the Mahogany family. It was salvaged from a construction site and dropped off by the truck. It will become 1x6 boards. It is the tree that NEEM oil comes from.

Back
Top Bottom