Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Bless me father for I have sinned. It has been a gazillion days since my last confession, and these are my sins:

Sorry friends. Life just got away from me. I kept meaning to post but never quite made it before passing out each night.No jail, surgery, kidnappings or other reasonable excuses.

Spokane is beautiful. Inday flew in on Sat to scope it out. I have a relocation agreement with work so i am staying in hotels. There is a cheap extended stay place that works for me.

The farm was hit by newcastle disease about a month ago. wiped out about 100 birds less than a month that were not vaccinated. Add to that some heavy duty molting and we have sold very little birds since feb. It should pick up next month.

Pigs are getting closer to farrowing. We have 2 due in a month.

Goats are doing well. We get a new buckling next month.

More details soon.

Hiya @ozexpat

We were all very relieved to find out you were okay. Sorry about the troubles at the farm, but I'm glad you're liking Spokane. I bet the kids are going to love it too.

And try to check in every once in a while, if nothing else, just log into BYC briefly so that we'll know you're still up and running =)

Bless me father for I have sinned. It has been a gazillion days since my last confession, and these are my sins:

Sorry friends. Life just got away from me. I kept meaning to post but never quite made it before passing out each night.No jail, surgery, kidnappings or other reasonable excuses.

Spokane is beautiful. Inday flew in on Sat to scope it out. I have a relocation agreement with work so i am staying in hotels. There is a cheap extended stay place that works for me.

The farm was hit by newcastle disease about a month ago. wiped out about 100 birds less than a month that were not vaccinated. Add to that some heavy duty molting and we have sold very little birds since feb. It should pick up next month.

Pigs are getting closer to farrowing. We have 2 due in a month.

Goats are doing well. We get a new buckling next month.

More details soon.
bow.gif

I am sitting on highway 95 in northern Idaho. There is a wreck blocking the road a mile up. A good time to catch up.

Newcastle disease has been causing havoc for a few month in the Philippines. We thought we missed it but got the tail end.

It's just part of life.

Syrel has proven to be very reliable. Vincent is doing OK but had a hard time with the mass losses after mozza. Boy is steady.

I will be back there at the end of may for a week. Can't wait.

Yes we did sell all of the pigs. We actually kept three gilts and a junior boar. They are 110lbs at 110 days and doing well. We have requests for breeder gilts from the two landrace sows already.

I want to bring eggs over but not sure what breeds are available. I do have some employees with chickens but I need to find out what breeds.

My new job has been crazy. Two weeks after I started they fired my boss and I picked up a lot of employees and a few extra departments.

I do like the job though.

The weather when I got here was cold and grey with drizzle, snow and Frost's. This week has been amazing though. We had a dump of snow on Sunday but warm weather since with today hitting 70.

We were scheduled to get to Banff at around 7 tonight but have been sitting in a standstill for three hours.

Our hotel was prepaid. We will battle on once we start moving. It's a shame we won't see the Canadian Rockies until morning.

i have just found your thread on here. it is pretty interesting to read your story. hope you continue to update it. i can relate to you in ways because i live in puerto rico so some things are a little similar.

Back
Top Bottom