Ghosts and the Paranormal...

Years ago I bought an 1898 Victorian house in a historic district in Denver,Co. Through its life the house had many uses. It was built for the daughter of a businessman in Denver when she married. It had been turned into a rooming house for many years then became a Divine Light Mission Ashram in the 60's.The day after we closed on the property I was unpacking while everyone else was going for another load of stuff. I had unpacked a small Snoopy Clown ornament that belonged to my husband. I put it on a shelf in the corner of the living room. I turned my back and heard it hit the floor. It was in the middle of the room under the crystal chandelier . It did not break. Every time I placed that ornament somewhere it would move. I finally just packed it in a box in the closet. Many things happened in that house. If we were in the basement we could hear little children running upstairs in the living room. There was never anyone there when we investigated. Several people had died in the house over the years as far as we could research. One of them was a small girl and the other a teenage boy who hanged himself there. Our wedding rings went missing when we removed them while renovating. They showed up almost a year later in the kitchen of the basement apartment. We had left them on the 1st floor mantle. We had a house guest who came down from the 3rd story bedroom one morninng scared out of his mind. He said as he was going to sleep he felt someone sit on the edge of his bed. He thought we were playing a prank on him so he turned on the light expecting to see one of us.
There was no one there. We told him if it happened that night just to acknowledge the entitiy and tell it to leave him alone. It happened again and he said as soon as he spoke he felt the bed move and he was not bothered again for the rest of the week he slept there. We would just say ok stop and usually the activity would stop immediately. It was never a really scary experience, but annoying.

There is a fairly old building in the town where I live. It started as a private house, a doctor based his surgery there for a few years and I heard the doctor committed suicide in that house, though I don't know if it's true. Back in the 90's the house got turned into a B&B+Restaurant and the business is still running. I've worked there on 2 occasions and had some strange experiences. The first time I was in the dining room and I heard footsteps behind me. When I turned to look there was no-one there. I asked my co-workers and the cleaner told me every time she enters one of the guest rooms she either smells fresh baked bread or anti septic, with no apparent source for either. More recently I was sending a fax one evening. While I was dialling the number I saw a man walk in the door. The fax machine has a habit of starting dialling before you finished entering the number, so I finished dialling before turning around to speak to the man. Once again there was nobody there. My boss told me some guests have had ghostly experiences in one of the guest rooms. Most notably one man who said he woke up and felt someone holding him down on the bed.

Have a look at the definition of agnosticism here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism

Quite correct I was not using the correct definition of the word, but that does not make my statement less true for my experience, that most every agnostic I have met may not (probably won't agree) on my religious beliefs, but they are usually enlightened enough not to ridicule me or others for having a belief in a God while most Atheists have ridiculed me, you may not be able to scientifically prove there is a God but one cannot disprove it either.

I have had experiences that suggest there may be more to the universe than we normally see. I have to mark most of them as unexplained. An example would be the red light, like a cigarette, moving around a darkened room and seen by two of us.

Then there's the time the wheels of a semi-trailer appeared in the headlights of my car only feet away. I thought I stood no chance of surviving the inevitable accident but my next awareness was when I saw that we were safely off the road where there was a ramp for a car park and a lampost inches away. The car had taken a 90 degree turn at 40mph and stopped within feet. I have no idea how that happened. Perhaps I reacted instinctively or a perhaps something intervened for me. There was quite definitely no conscious action on my part becasue there was no time to think.

Last edited by a moderator:
This didn't happen to me, but to my sister and a friend of hers.

My Dad passed away of a massive heart attack. He was in his car, but managed to get it off the road and in the parking lot of a small public fishing area by a creek. He was noticed by a local trucker who thought it odd that a car was parked in exactly the same location for two days with someone in it, and he contacted the police.

Dad had an extreme dislike for one of my sister's male friends. The young man was engaged, but showed an awful lot of interest in my sister, and my Dad felt like he would take advantage of her. After Dad passed away, my Mom and my sister would occasionally drive my Dad's car. One day, DS's male friend called her and said his car wouldn't start, and asked for a ride to where he worked. Her car was blocked in by one of the other cars, so she took Dad's car. When DS got to his house and the guy got in the car, the car started 'dinging' repeatedly, like there was a door that wasn't shut all the way. They opened and shut both doors, checked the trunk, the hood, turned the car off and back on ... it continued. She drove him all the way to where he worked, 'ding, ding, ding' the whole way. Once he got out of the car, the noise stopped.

Her friend never got back in that car again, he swore it was my Dad, PO'ed that he got in Dad's car. It only happened that one time.

This didn't happen to me, but to my sister and a friend of hers.

My Dad passed away of a massive heart attack. He was in his car, but managed to get it off the road and in the parking lot of a small public fishing area by a creek. He was noticed by a local trucker who thought it odd that a car was parked in exactly the same location for two days with someone in it, and he contacted the police.

Dad had an extreme dislike for one of my sister's male friends. The young man was engaged, but showed an awful lot of interest in my sister, and my Dad felt like he would take advantage of her. After Dad passed away, my Mom and my sister would occasionally drive my Dad's car. One day, DS's male friend called her and said his car wouldn't start, and asked for a ride to where he worked. Her car was blocked in by one of the other cars, so she took Dad's car. When DS got to his house and the guy got in the car, the car started 'dinging' repeatedly, like there was a door that wasn't shut all the way. They opened and shut both doors, checked the trunk, the hood, turned the car off and back on ... it continued. She drove him all the way to where he worked, 'ding, ding, ding' the whole way. Once he got out of the car, the noise stopped.

Her friend never got back in that car again, he swore it was my Dad, PO'ed that he got in Dad's car. It only happened that one time.

Saw where you posted this before enjoyed it both times

Growing up when we were playing darts, sometimes after scoring the round a dart would projectile back towards us dropping to the floor several feet away from the wall and dart board.

Heres My ghost story...

well, about a year ago, a murder took place on a quiet street here in my home town,(if you want full details, look it up on google, Murder in Denair.) The daughter killed her dad by stabbing him to death and she flipped out on the mother to, though she is still alive. The house was vacated a month later. Now every time i drive by that house i see the father staring out the window with a perplexed look. The face has scratches and scars on it, and when you take a second glance, the face dissapears. Many others in the area witness it too, but we are strangely ok with the fact that a creepy old ghost is in a old vacated home.

Back
Top Bottom