Ghosts and the Paranormal...

I've had so many experiences I can type all night! The worst was one evening when I was still in high school. I was visiting a friend. We were sitting in her bedroom chatting. I was on her bed, she was facing me. I suddenly got that cold feeling you usually get running down your spine, except this time it went through my right arm, my body, my left arm and gone. I looked at my friend who was staring at a spot on my left and asked her what's wrong. She said she saw a "blurry thing". We collided at the door.
My most recent was at a cafe where I worked. An unidentified man haunts the shop. I named him Eddie, as he was frequently discussed by me and my co-workers and we didn't want to spook the customers by saying things like "I've just seen the ghost"
He realized immediately that I was aware of him and he used to "communicate" with me and just annoy me sometimes. The first time I saw him he walked past me and up the stairs at the back of the cafe. I thought it was a customer and went after him. I stood at the bottom of the stairs wondering where the "customer" went and clearly heard a rap on a step about halfway up. The day I resigned I walked down that same flight of stairs and heard foot steps behind me. As I turned to look I heard the same rap. My co-workers also heard him many times. We got used to him being there.
He used to really annoy me by pacing up and down in the front of the cafe when I was alone and busy in the kitchen. I'd drop everything and run to the front, thinking it's a customer... no-one there. He'd do this over and over until I shouted at him one day.
I asked some of the locals about the history of the building etc. Trying to find out who Eddie really was. Got up to 8 people who'd also seen him, but no-one has any idea who he is/was.
As for animals, I've seen my MIL's dog in her garden a few days after she (the dog) got put down and you're gonna love this: I have a ghost chicken in my house. Well, a chick anyway. Was lying down reading a book one day when it climbed on my lap. I didn't pay attention until my living chicks ran into my bedroom one by one. I saw Kismet come in, then Butter, then Squeek, then Pip, then I went cold. Slowly lifted the book and looked. I could feel the chick sitting there, next to Pip, but I couldn't see it. My DH told me he often sits by the computer and he'd feel a chick peck his feet and when he looks down, nothing there. It's most probably one of two chicks we sadly lost shortly before the haunting started. They lived in the house with us and they used to come sit on me when I was lying down.
The psychic Mia Dolan wrote a very good book called "Haunted Homes" based on her experiences and the TV series of the same name. Very non-fussy, non hyped explanation of the paranormal. Of all the TV psychics I've seen she was the most believable.

We lived in one of those old farm houses growing up, you know the kind, started out as one room and got ramshackled together as the family grew. The wiring left much to be desired and would often trip the breakers if you had more than one appliance kick on at once. For the most part we got lucky, until one day I was sitting upstairs in my room. I still get chills thinking about it.
I had my headphones in and was listening to music when I saw a man's figure come up the stairs. I figured it was my dad going to the bathroom or a friend of my sisters and didn't give it much mind until I felt some one behind me. Then a heard clear as day "Go check the kitchen." I wasn't freaked out by the occurrence until much later when I got to think about it, the order brooked no argument and I went! Well the kitchen surge protector had shorted out and caught fire, igniting the toaster and the drapes near by. I hauled out the fire extinguisher and got it sorted out, once the adrenaline settled I had to come to grips with how I'd found out the place was on fire to start with! Upon consulting with my sisters, I find that similar things had happened to them. One was notified when a rag was left to close to the stove and the other was given scornful looks from a doorway when up to late on the internet.

I have gotten messages from spirits fro their loved ones that there is no way I could have known and that was very inspiring and joyful for the family left behind.

Things have happened that have been for the good of everyone. That is not the work of demons.

And the homeless people brought "home" to be buried on the yard if they have remained with their ashes (highly unlikely since they had never been there in life) would be more inclined to positive than negative for her kindness.

I don't believe in things I cannot prove but I live with it, so I am forced to accommodate the unknown and unknowable.

Ever hear of the Higg's Bosun?

See, it's this particle that we know exists, that we can see the effects of, but we cannot perceive. Scientists are coming very close to being able to perceive it now. They call it the god particle for the reason of its impact and our inability to perceive it.

But, I agree that there are nasty beings and nasty energy out there too so I do advise caution.

onece when i was three or four i had a really creepy ghost incounter. here it is.

i had to go to the bath room witch is normal for a little kid but sence i was up i got some water first and when i wa walking to the bathroom i herd some weard noises like talking but i thot it was just my mom and dad talking so i just went on down to the bathroom, and when i was done i herd the sink in the kitchon runing but i clearly reamber truning it off but maby it was my sister, so i just got out of the bathroom and stading in the hallway of the bathroom was this really tall man all in black and he was just staring at me so like any kid i ran up stirse to my mom and dads room to see if they were awake but they were fast usleep witch i thot was weard because i herd they talking so i freaked out a lot then i asked my sister if she got any water but she said no. now i am going crazy because i have no clue what is happing. but for some reason i just went back to bed like a normal ( ish ) person. and i woke up befor everyone ells witch is perfect but i woke up this time because i herd some foot steps going up the stirse and i looked down them and no one was there. and to this day i have nightmares about it.
hide.gif

I have seen 2 ghosts and felt and heard another 'bad presence'. This was many years ago. I am also physic and have many times had messages from dead relatives for someone living. I never make a big deal about it.....I don't have meetings or charge people. It is just for people I know ... I tell them the message and thats all - no big show or scary stuff.

The 2 ghosts I saw were no way frightening and very nice! One was a one off sighting of an old lady in the place I worked in - in the daytime and seen by my co worker. The other was in my house that was haunted. She was a little girl and very sweet and liked to play, but one day she scared me when I woke up and turned my head to see her standing next to my bed - I shouted at her and I never saw her again after that.

I don't see what religion you are matters as its nothing to do with religion. Maybe the ghosts were even a different religion to you. Its too easy for people to shut their minds off from things and just say they must be demons or bad, rather than actually taking time to look at things logically.

There are even ghosts in the bible. The holy ghost is the most famous one!
big_smile.png

Long time ago people would be saying scientists were devil for saying the earth was not made in 7 days and it was not flat and that dinosaurs existed.

First off let me say, I don't live in a haunted house, just a boring 1950's rambler. But this last January I awoke one night to hearing a voice softly whispering in my bedroom. I go from dead asleep to instantly freaked outta my mind thinking someone's in the house. Do I think about any of the potential weapons... NO! I come out of the bed yelling "You better get the #$%^ outta here" I stomp my way through the house searching closets etc. Never found anything. Then I think someone's must have been outside, so out I go and search the yards. Never found anything. Continued to happen every night for about 2 weeks. I think coworkers were looking at me a bit strangly with my stories, of hearing voices. /img/smilies/roll.png

I eventually get tired of it and searched for any possible thing that could be talking at night. No broken radios, tvs; nothing left on. A few weeks later I was picking up some things in the bedroom, and looked at a watch that had been given to me at Christmas. As I looked at the owner guide, I realize it is a talking watch. /img/smilies/th.gif

Imp

Imp, I had much the same experience for over a month. Kept hearing "I'm a pretty pony such a pretty pony, clippity clop clippity clop" at random. It'd just go off. You could hear it through the entire house. Then the batteries started dying and it took on a tone akin to Satan when it said it. This was a year or so before I had Lillian, so no idea where that you came from. I've never found it. Eventually the batteries died completely though.

Back
Top Bottom