Gil’s World! -Exciting days!

Kkrista123

Crowing
Dec 2, 2018
Hatboro PA
My Coop
My Coop
Hello my favorite people!! Gil has been happier than EVER lately!

So almost everyday we head over to my grandmothers house. We enjoy it over there because grandma always buys and cooks us food!! Lol, anyways my grandma is of danish decent and the danish word for grandma is mommom. So my mommom is retired now and helps me out with online courses I take because she was a teacher. Plus she raised me so I always have own bedroom and the pets I grew up with. (HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LOVE AUTUMN-the prettiest kitty-7 or 8 today, I’ll leave a pic of her! I only know her birthday, Gil’s birthday and 1 of my dogs. She was rescued though so the first couple years of her life sucked and I was the first person she ever trusted. Her birthday is always a big deal!)
Back to Gil! She loves the Golden that we live with but she’s also good friends with the dogs I grew up with. My mommom also babysits family friends babies and she had purchased a play pen for them. She decided it wasn’t what she wanted and asked if I would like it. I LOVE IT. It’s literally the best thing to happen to Gil and mommoms house! It’s pretty decently sized and it baby proof material so it hoses off in under a minute. Gil stays in it for the most part and IT FOLDS UP TO THE SIZE OF A DINNER PLATE WITH A TRAVEL CASE!!! It also makes for some super cute pics! Gil is so happy though because now with the portable pen it is much easier to walk over to mommoms with Gil and hangout there. I can do my courses without chasing Gil around and if I go out or on a walk, Gil’s at the ready for some adventuring. We woke up today at 5:30 and headed out. Mommom yells from the other room, “NOW THATS WHAT I CALL FRESH!” I said, “huh?” And I walked over. It was a little too early for Gil, she laid an egg on the living room floor.
I feel the need to compile a post of all my pets so I can explain Gil’s relationship with them all because it’s quite entertaining!
Gil is so happy with our routine being solid and our schedule being full but with a good bed time of 9 pm for her, she almost didn’t notice she’s been meal worm free for a few months. I had a ton of meal worms and obviously she ate them up and was mad as anything because she had to share a few with the hedgehog. Since she’s indoors I was so reluctant to get more because it just about doubles my work load for her with the smell. She’ll have to wait a few more weeks for summer for some meal worms but then I’ll feel bad again when I rob her of them in the winter! Oh well, you win some you lose some Gil.

Have I ever mentioned how eternally grateful I am for Gil? She’s a blessing. I don’t know what I’d do without her. She started out as a duckling in an egg that we watched hatched but she way too quickly became just like an ESA. I always say that but I barely consider her ESA, more like a kid or a sister. She talks back, she forces me to share my food, we fight sometimes when we don’t agree on what the plans are and we do everything together. I’m sure you guys know I am super into my pets and I’m studying animal sciences, but having a pet that’s capable of companionship AND taking her everywhere with me is just a bond I will never be able to explain. She NEVER leaves my side and screams for me constantly. It doesn’t matter who’s in the room, if it’s not her dad or I, she’s screaming! You can always turn off the loud screams with a, “DUCK!” but when I hear it I know she’s just trying to keep her flock together and watch over it. Every time we’re at mommoms and I take a nap, she stand right next to me the whole time. She keeps her head on the chair or sofa and just guards. She’ll chase the cats or dogs away if they try to come up unless I’m awake. When we’re home and she’s in her pen, she sleeps great and never does anything like that. Outside of her ‘safe room’ though, any nap I take, she’s watching.

Here come the cute pictures!
Here’s Gil’s portable pen!
05F5FA81-0EC5-4D27-BDB4-39793DE9BD82.jpeg
But when it pops up, it spooks her so she climbed up here....
54C2BE74-2DCA-4F0F-AD9D-60542010647D.jpeg
Then she was being a freak and froze in this position to stare at me for some reason. It wasn’t like a mating thing at all, she wasn’t spooked either. Just frozen like a statue. :confused:
78FAB7C5-3697-41C0-ABF3-888318105015.jpeg Maybe that’s her look of dissapproval. Maybe she didn’t want the pen lol. She’s super cute when she’s in it though! 85C7890D-9BFF-4B1A-BEE5-B774B93A093C.jpeg
She’ll stay in it if she’s next to me. Although... this did happen and I don’t know how I managed to capture it through some pictures.
EADBEA47-AB19-4E96-9930-2E13BEF916D4.jpeg 4FD19488-32FF-4599-95A2-31C02F5F10F5.jpeg (Notice Missy the cat still stalking Gil)
6E17D3E6-A5A5-4734-A113-2D6446F6F3C4.jpeg Missy made her move to figure out what the heck this thing was! Missy is only a year, very curious about everything. So this is Missy jumping in an Gil lunging out! D9D40A33-CDDC-41D8-8A35-FEFEDA1893EC.jpeg :lau

After the boring stuff was done for the day, we got to hangout. 629C44C2-1D01-45B1-8D5F-67C69EA704D8.jpeg Gil likes that mommom laid some hay to grow grass but Gil thinks it was for her! C96E1184-03D8-4572-963B-D82CE0F308E6.jpeg We also took my yellow lap dog on a walk.
75A99BEB-DEF9-46C8-93AD-CAA094BF1331.jpeg So yes, he is a yellow lap dog. We used to own a black lab too but this guy Sonny, he’s seriously just a yellow lap.
961E0A4C-F6DB-4866-81BF-5D3219E61C39.jpeg And Gil’s still obsessed with boots so she took a nap on mine! 1170D5D9-FA8C-41E0-9B0B-C2DB63749C74.jpeg And just likes to hangout on them!

E3293EA9-458B-41C9-A4BC-E42CA02E3B5D.jpeg Happy birthday Autumn ❤️ (that is the cat’s basement at mommoms) Gil’s dad had converted it into a cat paradise for the cats because Autumn was shy and my other cat at the time was adventures and always getting into trouble. Typical cat stuff. The basement was a safe place they could mess up (except the sofa... bad kitties!) so there were boxes everywhere, their food and water, boxes hanging from the ceiling that had a cat tree leading up to them with strings dangling down from the ceiling that had Pom poms on them. They loved it! The boxes on the ceiling are no longer there lol but they still think they own the basement.

Stay tuned because I will do a post soon on Gil’s relationship with the other pet!!

Yay! I love Gil updates :love What do you suppose her obsession with boots is all about? Are they just comfy to sit on?

I think it is because her dad always wears these
1321388_fpx.jpg
and I wear these
91+39lWLIeL._UY395_.jpg

It is pretty rare to catch us switching up our footwear because we're the 'you have to break them in' kind of people. Sometimes we wear sneakers but mostly boots. So I believe that when she was a little one, she remembered who her parents were by our boots. I think she learned which shoes to follow. Ever since then, she has 2 old boots in her pen. For the first 2 weeks she slept with a little cow stuffed animal but everyday since then, she sleeps on one of her boots. I have to clean them once in a while and while I do so she has to take a bath or she just screams the whole time! Same if I remove her waterers from her pen. She screams until I get back with them. Obviously water means a great deal to her and she has the same reaction with the boots so I can only assume, they're just a comfort thing! We originally noticed she liked boots when she climbed on our boots to sleep while we wore them. She's too big for that now but will still sleep across her boots!

Back
Top Bottom