Giving up a child?

barnie.gif

Last edited:
I am sorry.
hugs.gif
You are going through so much right now, I wish I knew of some way that I could help you. It sounds so trite, but I am sincere-I am praying that God will give you the strength you need to keep going when it would be so much easier to walk away.
hugs.gif

Just to let you all know we finally got to the care home this week. It was really nice. They had lots of things we didn;t expect. One to one care that the we don;t have to pay for or provide!!!!!!!!!!! They have other sight impared residence so it was lovely to see things like a tamberine and sand turning thing outside their room so they knew which one was theirs - of course our wee fellow could benifit from a littel help like that to find his room too! They had a lovely sensory room and when we told them he used an I pod for music the lady in charge said I am sorry we don;t have a docking station for one of those - " oh but we can always buy one!!!!!!!" - like WOW!!!!!!!!! We said yes to the centre and are able to get short restbite for a long weekend every month. However they do do full time res care but that is for another fight later on. We will have tog et the paper work sorted. OMG they even have kitty cats roaming the place for everyone to pet. How cool is that !!!!! none of this crazy can;t have this or that from the health and safety brigade!!!! They used to have a dog but two of the residence fought over it and nearly killed the poor thing so apparently they settled for cats cause they have more sence to run and hide when the petting sessions get too enthusiastic!

I am happy because we are one more step in a good direction.

- ok I still cried only because this is the right place opposed to crying because we couldn;t find the right place???? I know I am crazy! Oesdog

Hey hey! Hallelujah! I am so happy for you
yesss.gif

When is your first weekend off? Let us know so we can tippy-toe around and not wake you...seriously, just zip on home and hit the bed - after a lovely night's sleep, you won't be nearly so teary-eyed. Two nights and you'll catch your breath and be able to think again.

Yay!

We need a few more
highfive.gif
yesss.gif
thumbsup.gif

That is such wonderful news oesdog!!!! And it sounds like many of the normalities of home will be able to be there. Kitties!! Can't beat that
celebrate.gif

:celebrate :ya So happy for you and your family!! It will be so good for you to have some Oesdog time! It's a good step in the right direction. Kind of nice that you can sort of give it a try before actually making the major move. Will be easier for all of you. :hugs

Sorry I have not been on this thread. Your all so nice and supportive. I am sure by this stage most of you know the reason why I have not been around for a bit. My mother passed away and so we were away over to the mainland for a bit for funeral etc. Consequently I have not even looked at this restbite. Once we get things on the go and moving in the right direction again I will post to let you all know how things are going with Dan and care.
big_smile.png
Thanks for all you guys!

Oesdog

Back
Top Bottom