Gmo's

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you "all natural" or "organic" flakes out there are a bunch of quacks!!! I think monsanto should be given the Nobel prize for all their work with GMO's. It is absolutely amazing to me that given today's population food is as cheap and readily available as it is today. If we went back to using farming techniques we had in the 50's, what is now known as "organic", half of us would starve. I don't know about the rest of you but I would rather take my chances with GMO's than starvation. It truly angers me to think I live in a country with so many yuppies!!!

When the opposing party starts in with the name calling, IMO, opposing party loses all credibility... and wow, have you really thrown the names out there! Feel free to stick with your GMO crops. It's YOUR CHOICE and nobody's stopping you. However, all we ask is that we're given an opportunity to make that decision for ourselves. Much like you've decided you'd rather eat the GMO's, we deserve the choice not to.

As for the argument about methods used in the 50's.... I seem to recall that back then there were a majority of people who also kept their own little backyard gardens and did a lot of home canning vs buying all of their food in the grocery stores. They also tended to buy their meats from a butcher shop or from the local farmer as opposed to buying them in big box stores like Costco or Sam's Club (where they use meat glue and fillers). Perhaps this is something we all need to go back to ourselves? At least this way we'd know exactly what kind of effort and chemical choices were being made for the food in our pantry and on our tables.

For those of you looking for a certified non-GMO and certified Organic chicken feed: Scratch and Peck http://www.scratchandpeck.com/

If there's not a local source available to you there, but you have a local food co-op that orders through Azure Standard, then you can order the feed through them.

They even have one feed version that's corn free AND soy free (called "Naturally Free") and it's what I have been feeding my flock of over 50 laying hens for the past 1.5yrs now.

When the opposing party starts in with the name calling, IMO, opposing party loses all credibility... and wow, have you really thrown the names out there! Feel free to stick with your GMO crops. It's YOUR CHOICE and nobody's stopping you. However, all we ask is that we're given an opportunity to make that decision for ourselves. Much like you've decided you'd rather eat the GMO's, we deserve the choice not to.

As for the argument about methods used in the 50's.... I seem to recall that back then there were a majority of people who also kept their own little backyard gardens and did a lot of home canning vs buying all of their food in the grocery stores. They also tended to buy their meats from a butcher shop or from the local farmer as opposed to buying them in big box stores like Costco or Sam's Club (where they use meat glue and fillers). Perhaps this is something we all need to go back to ourselves? At least this way we'd know exactly what kind of effort and chemical choices were being made for the food in our pantry and on our tables.
I agree 100% all I ask is to be given the choice.

Some more articles for your consideration.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...21/France-Finds-Monsanto-Guilty-of-Lying.aspx
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...udies-link-gmo-foods-to-organ-disruption.aspx
glyphosate.jpg

Woo-HOOO!!!
yippiechickie.gif

I found a source of NON GMO feed and its only about a 30 minute drive from me!
They have Layer for $15. Starter/Grower for $17. and Scratch for $15. for 50# bags.
They also have non GMO horse, cattle and pig feed.
Thats the same price range that I pay for commercial GMO feed!!
The poultry feed is in mash form which I don't like as well (prefer pellets)
but it will certainly be worth it to see if I can get my birds to eat it.
I'm excited!

For Michigan members its available at:
Tom's Feed Mill in Coopersville MI.
Coopersville is a little west of Grand Rapids.
They don't have a website so call for more info.

Last edited:
Woo-HOOO!!!
yippiechickie.gif

I found a source of NON GMO feed and its only about a 30 minute drive from me!
They have Layer for $15. Starter/Grower for $17. and Scratch for $15. for 50# bags.
They also have non GMO horse, cattle and pig feed.
Thats the same price range that I pay for commercial GMO feed!!
The poultry feed is in mash form which I don't like as well (prefer pellets)
but it will certainly be worth it to see if I can get my birds to eat it.
I'm excited!

For Michigan members its available at:
Tom's Feed Mill in Coopersville MI.
Coopersville is a little west of Grand Rapids.
They don't have a website so call for more info.
Congrats!!!

The Corbett Report busts 5 known GMO myths.
Myth #5 – GMOs feed more people
Myth #4 – GMOs reduce pesticide use
Myth #3 – No evidence of health problems
Myth #2 – Genetic Engineering = Conventional Breeding
Myth #1 – GMOs shouldn’t be labeled

Viewing and agreeing optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom