Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16-17
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
I was at TSC yesterday and was talking with Blue Bufflo rep. we were talking about dog food chicken food goose food etc. she asked what I feed my fowl and I told her Purina Flock Raiser, but wasn't sure if it had GMO's in it corn, soybeans etc. she asked if we hatch chicks, which i said we do with broodys, she said she had read that GMO's make animals sterile so FR muct not have GMO's in it. does anyone know anything about this as far as sterility?

Quote:
I did see a farm show about farmers being bullied by Monsanto. Monsanto has genetically messed with soy. Monsanto is the only place farmers can get soy bean seeds and they are not allowed to use the wasted seeds or they will have a problem. Also, In order to grow soybeans a chemical is used to stop weeds which do away with farm hands in the field. It was a very disturbing program. Made me think about things that's for sure. I do believe GMO's have become a problem in all foods and not just animal feed. Companyies do use GMO's in everything and it's not a good thing.

Here's the thing... if a product has corn in it and it's NOT listed as an ORGANIC product, the odds are they used GMO corn.
sad.png
Same goes for the soy... And that also goes for anything on the store shelves that you may consume.

Last edited:
OH YES!!! There are definitely studies showing GMO (genetically modified organisms)
cause deformities and infertility and we are already starting to see these issues right now
across the United States with more and more infertility issues with our livestock.
Of course many will pooh, pooh this notion and Purina sure the heck isn't going to admit it's a problem.
All the name brand feed companies use grain products which are most likely GMO.
Hello...almost the corn and soy used human food products are GMO.
I don't think you can get away from it unless you buy organic which is EXPENSIVE when it comes to animal feed.
Google GMO and Monsanto for tons of info on the nightmare that this has become.
Here's a vdeo you can watch:

I had thought about that last night after looking at them bulls that if they are sending that meat to American to feed humans here that this can also be the cause of the weight problem...? How awful to think that this could effect humans possibly.....

Now about the chickens that is even more cruel than they way they do now. Not to even experience life at all...
Man kind gets their hands into things that just are not good ideas. Man has wrecked everything they possibly can destroy here on earth. Need to be more respectful of this earth like animals they do not destroy the earth.

I had thought about that last night after looking at them bulls that if they are sending that meat to American to feed humans here that this can also be the cause of the weight problem...? How awful to think that this could effect humans possibly.....

Now about the chickens that is even more cruel than they way they do now. Not to even experience life at all...
Man kind gets their hands into things that just are not good ideas. Man has wrecked everything they possibly can destroy here on earth. Need to be more respectful of this earth like animals they do not destroy the earth.
In other words, Quit trying to play God.

Quote:
Given the number of things I have heard about GMOs, I absolutely believe her when she says she read that they cause sterility.

If there is any data that shows GMOs cause any sort of repro issues, it is at a rate that is next to impossible to demonstrate (ie very very rare.)

I do not believe that if FR has any fertility-limiting issues - which I have not heard of - it comes from [strike]something other than[/strike] GMOs.

*edited to take out double negative*

It would be a good way to control over population of people though, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gov's aren't behind it. just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Quote:
As a farmer I was watching this thread. The above post is so full of misinformation tho I had to comment.

Farmers are not bullied by Monsanto.

Monsanto is not the only place we farmers can get soybean seed.

I'm not sure what you mean by "wasted seeds"

We use round up to control the weeds in the fields.....before that we used cultivation.....haven't ever in my life seen any field hands weeding in the field. We farmers use less chemicals and fertilizers per square foot of ground than what city people apply annually to their yards.

The wasted meaning seeds that generated from the previous crop. Farmers were not allowed to use them or sell them. They are considered property of Monsanto. Yes, wasted seeds was the wrong term to use.

Here are a few items that will explain differently. The show was very informative and I hope it is shown on tv again. You have to wonder about these giant companies that minipulate and use chemicals on seeds that eventually enter our systems. It's not just chickens, geese, etc. We are injesting these chemicals. This is not always good for people, the company yes, people no.
http://www.grist.org/sustainable-fo...s-organic-farmers-sue-monsanto-over-gmo-seeds
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2008/05/monsanto200805

Quote:
As a farmer I was watching this thread. The above post is so full of misinformation tho I had to comment.

Farmers are not bullied by Monsanto.

Monsanto is not the only place we farmers can get soybean seed.

I'm not sure what you mean by "wasted seeds"

We use round up to control the weeds in the fields.....before that we used cultivation.....haven't ever in my life seen any field hands weeding in the field. We farmers use less chemicals and fertilizers per square foot of ground than what city people apply annually to their yards.

If you didn't use GMO seed, couldn't you save seed to replant next year, this saving money? I use open pollinated varieties of everything in my garden and unless the plants will overlap and take too long to go to seed, causing me to lose valuable crop space, I leave a plant or two for seed saving. Saves lots of money otherwise spent on buying seed each year. Soy and corn are very easy to save seed from since the end product is the seed.
Round up ready crops are causing round up resistant weeds, this is a fact. Another fact is that, due to the monoculture of weed free fields, we are losing habitat for valuable and endangered species of birds and insects. Not something most people often think about but when they're gone theyre gone. Because a field of round-ready corn or soy has so many fewer weeds than traditionally planted soy or corn, there are less native weeds for butterflies, pollinators, predatory insects and birds. When the chemicals stop working, we will need those bugs and birds. We need the pollinators to raise crops like squash and any kind of fruits, of course.I cant think of a use for butterflies the butterflies, although they're beautiful to look at and I'm sure they are in the food chain for somebody. Monarch butterflies have dropped drastically in number since the increase in GMO crops.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom