Gmo's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I think we really don't know what long term affects GMOs have on feed and food, and if thats all we can get then thats all we can get. I am feeding Purina also, would love to be able to grow or buy GMO free feed and when I did my birds weren't overly fond of it so now we're back to Purina. The best thing to do is what you feel you can buy and do for your own situation. Science is not the gospel and facts can be misconstrud[sp] also so I think we have to seach for ourselves both sides and try to make the best decision we can. I have been keeping ducks for going on 9 years now and have fed nothing but Purina Flock Raiser and they are very healthy, have had chickens for going on 3 years, have lost some to illness that wasn't contagious but don't know if it had anything to do with feed. Thety lay and also hatch chicks, so looks like all is normal on the outside. and hopefully on the inside as well.

Ok thank you now I don't feel like a horrible ducks dad!
smile.png

Why would it make you a horrible duck dad?

98% bacicly ALL of the soy beans in the US are GMO, most of the corn 85% is GMO the % that isn't is what heirloom venders sell to privet people. So ALL of what you buy, is GMO, the only dog food in the US that is not GMO is Green Diamond, or probably all of the Diamond line really. I only called and talked to the CEO about Green. So when you buy any pre made bird food you are buying GMO, thats why legs go bad, and hatches aren't so good as they used to be. Your best bet is to start a garden for your birds. I have planted things I never thought I would plant. Im planting wheat and milo on areas of the pasture the hay guy doesn't mow. Im having deer brought in to supplement protein ( your local sherrifs dept will help you with this) Im finding creative ways to not feed.. feed.. or bagged feed anyway. Its a pain in the neck when you start switching over, but you will be happy you did.

I just learned that the layer pellets I feed also has corn in it. Looking for a brand that dosen't have any now.

Quote:

Good luck...almost all (if not all) commerical poultry and waterfowl rations are corn based.
Its getting to the point where if you want to avoid GMO corn and soy (main protein source in commerical feed)
you have to mix up your own feeds with non GMO products which is unfortunately more expensive and a hassle.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom