Gmo's

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you "all natural" or "organic" flakes out there are a bunch of quacks!!! I think monsanto should be given the Nobel prize for all their work with GMO's. It is absolutely amazing to me that given today's population food is as cheap and readily available as it is today. If we went back to using farming techniques we had in the 50's, what is now known as "organic", half of us would starve. I don't know about the rest of you but I would rather take my chances with GMO's than starvation. It truly angers me to think I live in a country with so many yuppies!!!

When the opposing party starts in with the name calling, IMO, opposing party loses all credibility... and wow, have you really thrown the names out there! Feel free to stick with your GMO crops. It's YOUR CHOICE and nobody's stopping you. However, all we ask is that we're given an opportunity to make that decision for ourselves. Much like you've decided you'd rather eat the GMO's, we deserve the choice not to.

As for the argument about methods used in the 50's.... I seem to recall that back then there were a majority of people who also kept their own little backyard gardens and did a lot of home canning vs buying all of their food in the grocery stores. They also tended to buy their meats from a butcher shop or from the local farmer as opposed to buying them in big box stores like Costco or Sam's Club (where they use meat glue and fillers). Perhaps this is something we all need to go back to ourselves? At least this way we'd know exactly what kind of effort and chemical choices were being made for the food in our pantry and on our tables.

basic description...............lots of reading if you want to really get into it.
Quote:
Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals (EDCs) are synthetic chemicals that interfere with naturally produced hormones, the body's chemical messengers, that control how an organism develops and functions.

Many manufactured chemicals mimic natural hormones and send false messages. Other synthetic compounds block the messages and prevent true messages from getting through.

Some cause disruption by preventing the synthesis of the body's own hormones or by accelerating their breakdown and excretion. Some EDCs are persistent in the environment and bioaccumulate; they accumulate in the fatty tissue of organisms and increase in concentration as they move up through the food web.

Lets just hope the USA can do the same thing soon. Or at the very least make GMO food be labeled as such.
I read my labels and its scary how many food products have soy oil in them. Just about every packaged food!
Another thing to avoid is partially hydrogenated oil. Worse trans fat you can put in your body.
Butter, eggs, cream and lard aren't what cause heart disease, its processed vegetable oils and margarine.

[COLOR=0000FF]OMG that is the most awful looking bull I have ever seen! So this bull was fed GMO feed or is a offspring of cows fed GMO feed??? I have never seen anything so distorted and that awful looking... [/COLOR] :hit

I saw this on FB here is the info that came with it.
GMO Bulls Now A Reality
Due to genetic selection and experiments, the Belgian Blue is a humongous species of Bull, packed with muscles and meat. What is hidden from the general public, is the fact that these Bulls are Genetically Modified. Their uninhibited muscle growth presents a lot of health hazards, calves can develop enlarged tongues and stiff legs which make it difficult for them to eat and move, leading to an early and painful death. GMOs continue to infiltrate our grocery stores and still don't require any special labelling! adguk-blog.com/2013/08/monstrous-gmo-bulls-now-reality.html

I agree Lydia, this is just outrageous. I have a hard time even looking at these pictures. I share this in hopes that it will help stop it.

Diabolical, demented, cruel and GREED comes to mind.
sad.png

she said she had read that GMO's make animals sterile

Given the number of things I have heard about GMOs, I absolutely believe her when she says she read that they cause sterility.

If there is any data that shows GMOs cause any sort of repro issues, it is at a rate that is next to impossible to demonstrate (ie very very rare.)

I do not believe that if FR has any fertility-limiting issues - which I have not heard of - it comes from [strike]something other than[/strike] GMOs.

*edited to take out double negative*​

Last edited:
Cottage Rose,

Are you attributing all repro problemd to gmo's and ignoring the abundant endocrine disrupting chemicals (both natural and synthesized) being released into the environment?

Clint

Sales reps aren't really much qualified to do much of anything except for taking orders and delivering and stacking feed.

If you want information about nutrition and reproduction, get it from a more reliable source, not from someone whose job requirements are a commercial drivers license, a strong back, and a minor ability to write a few words.

In fact, I suggest that you don't take your nutritional and reproductive information from a public forum like this one. There is no way to determine who is qualified to provide that sort of information and who is not. Look at what you are told here and then verify it independently from a qualified source before you believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom