Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16-17
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
I was at TSC yesterday and was talking with Blue Bufflo rep. we were talking about dog food chicken food goose food etc. she asked what I feed my fowl and I told her Purina Flock Raiser, but wasn't sure if it had GMO's in it corn, soybeans etc. she asked if we hatch chicks, which i said we do with broodys, she said she had read that GMO's make animals sterile so FR muct not have GMO's in it. does anyone know anything about this as far as sterility?

she said she had read that GMO's make animals sterile

Given the number of things I have heard about GMOs, I absolutely believe her when she says she read that they cause sterility.

If there is any data that shows GMOs cause any sort of repro issues, it is at a rate that is next to impossible to demonstrate (ie very very rare.)

I do not believe that if FR has any fertility-limiting issues - which I have not heard of - it comes from [strike]something other than[/strike] GMOs.

*edited to take out double negative*​

Last edited:
Quote:
Given the number of things I have heard about GMOs, I absolutely believe her when she says she read that they cause sterility.

If there is any data that shows GMOs cause any sort of repro issues, it is at a rate that is next to impossible to demonstrate (ie very very rare.)

I do not believe that if FR has any fertility-limiting issues - which I have not heard of - it comes from [strike]something other than[/strike] GMOs.

*edited to take out double negative*

It would be a good way to control over population of people though, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gov's aren't behind it. just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
OH YES!!! There are definitely studies showing GMO (genetically modified organisms)
cause deformities and infertility and we are already starting to see these issues right now
across the United States with more and more infertility issues with our livestock.
Of course many will pooh, pooh this notion and Purina sure the heck isn't going to admit it's a problem.
All the name brand feed companies use grain products which are most likely GMO.
Hello...almost the corn and soy used human food products are GMO.
I don't think you can get away from it unless you buy organic which is EXPENSIVE when it comes to animal feed.
Google GMO and Monsanto for tons of info on the nightmare that this has become.
Here's a vdeo you can watch:

Cottage Rose,

Are you attributing all repro problemd to gmo's and ignoring the abundant endocrine disrupting chemicals (both natural and synthesized) being released into the environment?

Clint

Sales reps aren't really much qualified to do much of anything except for taking orders and delivering and stacking feed.

If you want information about nutrition and reproduction, get it from a more reliable source, not from someone whose job requirements are a commercial drivers license, a strong back, and a minor ability to write a few words.

In fact, I suggest that you don't take your nutritional and reproductive information from a public forum like this one. There is no way to determine who is qualified to provide that sort of information and who is not. Look at what you are told here and then verify it independently from a qualified source before you believe it.

Quote:
Thats is one reason i posted this question here, I know there are alot of feed companies that watch these sites and sometimes give feed back plus I think there are some on here who can adress this issue very well. Cottage Rose gave her reply with back up, I haven't had a chance to read it yet but will. I mainly wanted to know if anyone had heard about GMO's causing fertility problems in animals and humans I for 1 had not. I try like the dickens to stay away from products that could have them in it though. But that can get very expensive too.

Quote:
I did see a farm show about farmers being bullied by Monsanto. Monsanto has genetically messed with soy. Monsanto is the only place farmers can get soy bean seeds and they are not allowed to use the wasted seeds or they will have a problem. Also, In order to grow soybeans a chemical is used to stop weeds which do away with farm hands in the field. It was a very disturbing program. Made me think about things that's for sure. I do believe GMO's have become a problem in all foods and not just animal feed. Companyies do use GMO's in everything and it's not a good thing.

Here's the thing... if a product has corn in it and it's NOT listed as an ORGANIC product, the odds are they used GMO corn.
sad.png
Same goes for the soy... And that also goes for anything on the store shelves that you may consume.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom